Wild TS Gains

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Guiscard, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Guiscard Active Member

Yesterday I was playing my character and I completed some TS task up at Castle Highhold. and I got like 320000 XP for it. I was level 96 TS and after completing the mission I not only went to 97 - but it filled the whole 97 bar. I just got the TS task from Skrit and when I completed it.27000+ TS XP and 89921 for Bonus - what is going on with TS XP - anyone else seeing this?
  2. Tajar Well-Known Member

Any xp potions or bonus you may have now effect TS quest and writ xp.
  3. Guiscard Active Member

The only potion I had gave me 25 to my XP gain. I have it on all characters and never got gains like I did yesterday.
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

It has been that way since around mid-December, IIRC. Makes it easier to level without having to grind too many writs, unless someone just really enjoys that path to advancement.
  5. Guiscard Active Member

But this is the first and only character it has happened on. When I started with him yesterday, I never got these wild increases. Then all of a sudden after I did the Spiteweed Brew quest in Highhold - the numbers went beserk.
  6. Sambril Well-Known Member

Yes the daily and more especially the weekly give a large amount of xp. It was increased (and changed to be affected by xp boosts) after initial complaints from players that the TS xp from the AoM line was very low, requiring a lot of grinding to get to 100.
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

Very specifically xp bonuses including vitality apply to repeatable quests now. While this doesn't affect adventuring xp very much, writs and missions give insane amounts of crafting xp as long as you have vitality (and/or lots of max level crafters to up your veteran bonus).
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've gotten full levels off the TS weekly since the change. It's not brand new.
  9. Guiscard Active Member

My max bonus for crafters if 100% - I have like 4 that are already at 100 which I think is the max you can have. The bonus was insane. - But I didn't get that insane bonus when doing writs on the character - only when I was completing that Spirtebrew quests in Highhold. - yes it was the weekly. I was so shocked.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

You did get the bonus, but it's a multiplier.. and the base amount of the weekly is much much higher then the base amount of rush orders... so the multiplier makes a much bigger difference.
  11. Meirril Well-Known Member

You get 200% for vitality, and 20% for each max level character (crafting for its own xp, adventuring for its own xp). The veteran bonus can go up to 200% with 10 max leveled characters. Some gear gives xp bonuses (like the new ring from the AoM crafting series), and there are consumables that give temporary xp bonuses like the 25% potion from the tradeskill apprentices, the 25% berry from the bushes, and the 110% potions from older /claim veteran rewards.
  12. Guiscard Active Member

Is that TS Flying horse worth getting? I know it increases your harvesting skills - but will you have a better chance to get one of those essences? I have no problem getting rares at all, but I was wondering about those special essences that you can use to craft Grandmaster spells?

Thanks for all the answers - I didn't realize that they had bumped up TS XP so high. I took the summer off from the game.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Alas, all the data a bunch of players have compiled and shared strongly suggests that harvesting skill have zero impact on the grandmaster rares. :(