Wild Regeneration

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Kraqen, Jun 6, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Kraqen Guest

Any feedback on this AA? Am I reading it correct? My HOT line will do less overall healing but faster? Bump to the first tick but 2 less ticks at 10 points in the AA? I read that as 33% less 'procs', but +30% on the first proc? Seems like a major drop in effectiveness to photosynthesis.

How does this play out in gameplay?
  2. ARCHIVED-Ayaka Guest

No, Wild Regeneration does not lower your heal amount. It actually raises the heal amount on the first tick of your healing spell (10 AA points = 30% more heals on the first tick).
    What really is nice though is that your healing ticks happen faster (it does not lower the heal amount in any way). Your heals will have the same number of ticks, but they will tick quicker. This means that you will heal faster.
    For example, with 10 AA points in wild regeneration, instead of photosynthesis's duration being 10 seconds for 5 ticks (2 seconds between each tick) it will change the duration to 7.5 seconds for 5 ticks (1.5 seconds between each tick). This becomes very handy for when mobs do fast, constant damage.
    I would say Wild Regeneration is pretty much a must for a heal spec'd warden, IMO.
  3. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Definately agree ^^^
    It's a no-brainer - WIld Regeneration is a must have for every warden regardless if melee or spell spec; whether only heals in groups/raids and nothing else or solo/duo MoBs.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kraqen Guest

Thank you for the clarification, obviously I was under the impression that lowering the duration "robbed" you of 2 ticks. Your explanation makes it much more tempting. I see how it can be useful even for a solo spec (I am trying to see all of the solo quest lines and as much of the low, old group content as I can). I have gone down the warden melee line and I am moving down strength. Right now it feels like I will be ready to start a new line before I am in my mid 20's. I can't decide where to go after strength in the druid set (after a few points in the Shadows line).
    Your answer makes it even harder to decide.
  5. ARCHIVED-Fyrion Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    I agree. It makes soloing (which I mostly do) much easier and gives me much more room for healing in groups (which I do occasionally).
    Here is a good AA guide and discussion on EQ2Flames: SF AA guide.
    Here is my AA plan (so far) based on what I read in that forum and how I play (95% solo 5% grouping).
    Druid Line
    Strength 10, 10, 8, 1, 8
    Agility 4, 8, 10, 1, 8
    Int 10, 10
    Tunare's Grace 2
    Warden
    This is hard to explain (better to click the link and see), but basically ALL CAs maxed, roots, and healing lines enough to get the capstones (Nature Walk, Force of Nature, Reformation) and then max on Animal Instinct, Skin Like Wood, and Primal Rage. The last points go into Cyclone.
    Shadows
    Basic - 5/5 Health/Power
    Priest - 5, 0, 5
    Druid - ALL Maxed
    Warden - 0, 0, 5, 0, 5, 5, 1,1
    I still have a ways to go and it's subject to change as I learn more. I'm at 112 AA now at 68. I've maxed Strength and Agility (down to Wild Regen) and Int up to the current 50 spending cap. I've maxed my CAs in the Warden line along with some health and roots. I've maxed shadows up to priest and have hit the limit there until I level more. So basically I'm working on adding to the Warden line until I open the new point cap.
    Edit: I've been messing with the calculator a bit and noticed the last 5 - 10 points are kind of flexible. Where I would really like to spend them is in the Shadow line, but it's easily maxed at 70. Those last 5 or 10 points seem easily shifted between druid and warden depending on personal preference. It may be you want more Natural Boon proc or rather go down the Int line further, or possibly add to the SF AAs in the Warden line.
    Another thing I noticed is peole put points into Cure:Arcane, but I can't see the benefit of adding points into cures at all.