Wich monk skill to research first ?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Venur, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Venur Active Member

Hi, I came back to the game and I have just used my 110 token to upgrade my old monk since I got bored to play Shadow Knight like class in every moo that I have played for the past 10 years.

So now I am a bit overwhelmed by all the stuff that I got and I'm soloing quite a bit to learn the class a bit ore b4 grouping.

I'm kinda poor so I don't have much money to spend on spell upgrade but I'd research some. If their is 1 or 2 @must buy@ well let me know and I'll see if I can afford those but I'll probably research most of them.
  2. Revanu Well-Known Member

Dragonfire then dragon rage the rest are up to you. But those are the 2 staples
    Venur likes this.
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

if you're 110, order of preference: Ascension stance, lvl 10. Dragonfire, then taunts and Dragon's Rage. If you are able to find a way to get the fighter rune, fully upgraded, it will make your taunts OP on all fighter classes.
    Venur likes this.
  4. Venur Active Member

What is the fighter rune ?
  5. Drona Well-Known Member

See the link below but you can't "officially" get it any more. It was reward during the summer event and no longer available on the normal servers. However, there is still a way but it will require you to spend loads of real life money... search Isle of Refuge or "IoR" here and you will see how to get it..

https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3720967227
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

It does, unfortunately, require quite an investment to acquire. However, it's very worth it IMO.
  7. Simien Active Member

Fully upgraded? You can upgrade the fighter rune? Or are you referring too upgrading threat spells?
  8. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

There was the Fighter Rune, the sub-type: Brawler, and a class specific version, in this case, Monk. The Brawler and Monk added their abilities to the Fighter Rune, and such, you can wear the Fighter Rune fully upgraded. It took three separate purchases, and quite honestly, I just shoved the other two adorns in a bank box somewhere, for lack of better idea what to do with them.
    Simien likes this.
  9. Simien Active Member

Hmmm. So, can this still be accomplished through IoR? I do notice an achievement date of 8/20/18 on those runes in order to purchase. Is the achievement still possible by leveling up an ethereal piece of armor thus unlocking those runes for the upgraded version?
  10. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Yes. Unfortunately, you still need to buy either a BP or shoulders, and level them up to purchase the adornments. I hated the idea of the adornments being gated behind needing gear. I can only hope they disregard that idea and line of thinking in the future.