Why's our Warlock pet so poopy?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras, Nov 9, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-MrGrimm999 Guest

I duno, he still seems really **** to me, even in aoe situations the assassin pet will outdamage the warlock pet.
  2. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

No, this is how it's s'posed to work but doesn't. Every reason you gave to use the warlock pet is false, her cast is faster than it was pre-update but it is still woefully underpowered damagewise, she still runs in to AoE range (and I'd use the tank because he can take the AoE hits and do the same damage). I've tested it, the numbers are all right here... the warlock pet is completely, unequivically broken (unless you're level 20, then using a warlock pet may be ok).
  3. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Tested against low orange group mobs tonight and the assassin and grim both had the same resist rates it seemed and the assassin did considerably more damage... you can look at my parses and tell exactly when I switched from the grim to the shadowy. With the grim, an uncomfortable amount of time I was getting outdamaged by my bruiser and monk and sometimes by my pally, once shadowy was up I was at top damage again (even though all three tanks were higher level then me).
  4. ARCHIVED-XBrit Guest

Interesting. I had an impression the grim usually did better against oranges, but I don't think I've tested it exhaustively enough to be sure.
  5. ARCHIVED-WiNgMaN Guest

I just dinged 20...and was excited that I was finally getting my warlock pet (because i had previously seen a level 22 with the pet owning level 27s with no downtime at all); so I finally get him, and he doesnt look the same at all =( and..mine sucks =/ no sites say that we get another pet between those two levels...so is there a certain buff to put on him that makes him like that or something?
    \

<confused> lol
  6. ARCHIVED-Nibblar Guest

I think the level 20 warlock pet looks the same regardless of spell type, not 100% sure though. The TR (level 10 fighter pet) is a beatle if adept and a spider if apprentice, at master I dont know never seen one. You prob saw a adept I or adpet III TR pet I assume. Also, if you are soloing you will not "own" anything using the warlock pet, you will get owned :) Use the fighter pet if you solo, which at 22 is still your level 10 TR pet. You get a replacement at 24 :) Anyway, I use the fighter pet for soloing and the assassin pet for groups, my warlock pet is good for gathering dust right now. Just from observation, no parsing, I could tell the warlock pet sucks for damage and its not designed to tank either :smileysurprised:
    You will get an assassin pet at 32, hang in there.... :smileyvery-happy:
    Read the class guide as well, lots of good info there... :)
    Message Edited by Nibblar on 11-12-2005 10:13 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Upgrade it to Adept and it looks like the black skeleton.