Why were pets nerfed w/o notifying in the patch notes?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Vanyel, Aug 16, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Allowen Guest

I have noticed it also but I thought was a bug since pet like stronger, not dieing with a single aoe blow from raid mobs(scout pet from 5400 hp went to 3380 hp) but actualy pet is surviuving aoes from many mobs such from Labs, Deathtoll(eyeballs) etc. I like that.
    They either nerfed aoes on all raids or pet is mitigating it better after the change and I like it. but anyways the 3379hp that shows when I control my nightshade m1 might be buged,,,, when we controll pets all atributes get lowered including hp but it used to still was showing like 3380/5400 .... now just show 3380 hp...... .
    Point is I dont think they nefred the pet s hp but it is justn ot showign correctely when we controll pet to check its stats what is sad because we all woudl lie kto know pet s real HP size !
    Allowen
    necromancer from mistmoore server
    Lords of the triple moons
  2. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

Within the past two weeks, raid AoE's have seemed to be gimped entirely. Everything hitting less, hitting for less, or not hitting at all.

/shrug.
  3. ARCHIVED-Korben Guest

I checked my pet last night and noticed the same thing. The base hp was always much lower than buffed, it looks like buffed hp's are not showing correctly, but I could be wrong. I didn't pay too much attention to the hp's before.
  4. ARCHIVED-Catodon Guest

I just did (Friday 8/18) some basic tests of pet hp; will do some more detailed ones tomorrow.

I sent an unbuffed (including no sta + int group buff) tank and scout pet against some mobs that could kill them consistently without using super high damage spikes (soul feasters in carrion briar). Used ACT to check how much damage the pets took before dying.

Level 70 Undying Dreadnought master 1: Possess Minion display: 7209 unbuffed hp
    Actual HP from test: ~12000

Level 70 Nightshade adept3: Posess Minion display: 3122 unbuffed hp
    Actual HP from test: ~5000

I did not test thoroughly enough yet to get an accurate measure of the pets' physical mitigation, but as a preliminary ballpark, soul feasters were managing between 90 and 150 crush dps against both types of pet while doing between 60-90 dps against me if i let them beat on me for a while (lvl 70 necro, 18.0% displayed mitigation against crush).

Tentative conclusion: displayed hp from possess minion is totally wack (seems to be about 40% lower than actual). Pets have the same amount of hp they have had since it was last adjusted in published notes several months ago, and 0 mitigation or close to it (less than a cloth wearing **** necro at least).
  5. ARCHIVED-Delameko Stone Guest

You guys are so paranoid.

If pet health, mit, damage have changed and its not in the patch notes it could be a bug (most likely).

As Moorgard said last time we cried "shadow nerf" at them - they don't do shadow nerfs. Because we'd find out - like this very thread! There's no reason to change things and not tell us, because we'll always find out. Its not like they can sneak it past us.

So until a dev posts (maybe someone should drop Blackguard a message and make sure this thread is recognised) quit with the 'shadow nerf' BS.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tokamak Guest

If your out parsing your guild sassins then you need new sassins.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sola Guest

Regardless if it's a bug or an actual nerf, the damage is done and it takes forever to get a fix or a response back from SOE as to why and what corrective action is to be taken. Not to mention when the corrective action is completed =/.
  8. ARCHIVED-armus550 Guest

They do make shadow nerfs and when we caught the last one they promissed is was a bug that would be fixed. But they never fixed it. Eventually, people stopped complaining and I'm sure that's what they are hoping for here.
    One word, Vanguard
  9. ARCHIVED-Ruwin Guest

This is complete BULL[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]....I am sick of having these changes shoved down our throats.....why keep hammering the necro's?
    JESSSUUSSSSSS!!!!:smileymad:
  10. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

And the last few posters completely fail to realize that people testing these "changes" have confirmed that this is a 100% visual bug... The pets health and mitigation are exactly what they were 2 months ago.
  11. ARCHIVED-Delameko Stone Guest

Paranoia.
  12. ARCHIVED-uberpaco Guest

Well the Hp bug is one thing they semi fixed and never spoke a word about. Nerf/Balancing/Bug if soe just talked to us a little, gave us some information it would stop alot of flames and hatred.
  13. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

No it wouldn't. It never has and never will. People will complain for the sheer need to complain. People will make up things to complain about if need be. It's just in some peoples nature.

And again... I'll point out. The necro class is still easily one of the best and most desirable classes in the game despite all the so called nerfs. If SoE ever actually did anything to hurt summoners or make them truely less than desirable to play or play with, it would have to be so extreme, everyone in the game would notice.
  14. ARCHIVED-Mishkel Guest

"And the last few posters completely fail to realize that people testing these "changes" have confirmed that this is a 100% visual bug... The pets health and mitigation are exactly what they were 2 months ago."

I can't comment on a posses minion hp display bug as I never look at that.

My "in game" experience after taking the last 3 weeks off. When I went back to fighting the same things I always do.. It seems like my fighter pet is wearing a tissue for armor.

So "in my experience" my tank pets mitigation is not even close to what it was.. nor is it a display bug. Unless my pet dying is a display bug as well.

The extent of what I see obviously depends on what I'm fighting. However, the first thing I did after a few fights was come to the forums to see is there was an "issue'. One of the first things I found was this thread..

which seems kinda odd.

This is just what I've been seeing in game on my necro. I'm not going to try and state that this is what everyone would see.
  15. ARCHIVED-uberpaco Guest

The majority of people aren't.
    Yes the summoners (not just necro) is still a very good class to play, you have a mage that is protected by someone else, only otherway to accomplish that alone is to two-box thats one reason they are so popular.
    Now soe has done some much needed balancing with the summoners that they have announced why not something like the pet hp bug? I fail to see the reason. And in this case I'm talking about the conjurors, f.ex. my friends tank pet still missed 3.000hp after the so called fix. If you don't notice -3.000hp then I would say that person definitivt do not play this class.
    Why not simply go out and put into the update notes that the bug is fixed but due to balancing not up to the usual amount?
  16. ARCHIVED-Krith Guest

Question is, if you had never laid eyes on this thread, would you still have "seen" the things you are seeing now? After reading this thread I wanted to check it out for myself. The first day I was convinced that there had been a stealth nerf. After several more sessions I realised that my pet didn't die more often and I didn't have to heal it more often than before. One day I saw one thing, the next day I saw something else. Can you really compare play sessions when they are three weeks apart without factual numbers supporting it? I honestly doubt it. Your skills as a player might have been affected by being away for three weeks and as soon as you're back to your normal self, your pet will die less often. Or perhaps you were less sharp during that particular session due to something happening IRL. Not trying to start a flame war. I'm just saying there are so many variables at play here it's nearly impossible to make a comparison. Even from one day to the next, factual numbers won't have changed but the perception might have.
    Edit: Typo
    Message Edited by Krith on 08-25-2006 07:12 AM