Why we shouldnt have to pay for eq2 players

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Espyderman, Mar 22, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Espyderman Guest

[p]Firstly, the site takes very long to load and it doesnt do half the things it says it will. Broken images are all around us. Links to old topics, dont lead to the new areas they are in. Half the searches in google return 404 pages do not exist.[/p][p]The amount of spam on this forum is insane, the lack of information on this site is astounding. I get more from free sites then i do here.[/p][p]We shouldn't have to pay for a service thats taken forever to complete. Since day 1 this site has been subpar, and in return the customers have suffered. Ive been a member for almost 3 years and have yet to see any benefit from eq2 players site except to spy on others, have guilds TELL you to make your alts viewable, or to get information on the rankings which are not accurate due to farming, botting and the likes.[/p][p]So in the end why should i pay for a site that invades my characters privacies, has a ranking system which is mismanaged, and is mostly slow and broken anyways?[/p][p]Oh and for god sakes fix the [I cannot control my vocabulary] "Remember me" option for the logins. Like OMG what kind of developers you hiring for this stuff. I do this daily, monday to friday and i never seen a corporate site so damned neglected and broken in my life. This site gives good developers a bad name :([/p][p]Nice theme though, but dont you think hiring programmers instead of designers might have better results?[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Landlubber Guest

Short version: the service is anything but "Premium" (fully agree with you)
  3. ARCHIVED-Saurus Guest

I agree ( dont mind the joined: xxx xx xxxx, its my brothers acc :) )
  4. ARCHIVED-The_Real_Ohnoes Guest

Aye kind of lame we have to pay for EQ2players to look at rankings for certin servers. :thumbdown:
  5. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

[p]What is most annoying is that most of the apparent bugs (eg lack of guild chat, nonsense text, inability to sort roster by class, etc, etc) don't appear to everyone. This intermittence is probably the main reason why the problems never get sorted out. This is quite apart from the features that have never yet even seen the light of day.[/p][p]Really and truly I do object to paying for a service that blatantly doesn't work. I would prefer to see it discontinued totally, the subscription reduced and the code made availalbe to third party developers that could make something of it, if only on a piecemeal basis.......eg EQ2census (now sadly defunct), Roster Master, and EQ2idb.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

I'd prefer to see them deliver the service I have been wasting money on since November. But according to Jabru, we are close to getting back what I care about most (the in-guild leaderboards), so I'll stick around a little longer. The only other thing I'd like to see (other than the rest of the bugs fixed, of course) is the XML feeds from the site expanded back to include all the datat that used to be able to be grabbed from the server. Although I'd feel bad for Dark Grue and crew if they had to start revamping RosterMaster again so soon after just finishing a very well done fix of the old version.
  7. ARCHIVED-XAvengerX Guest

[p]The state of the EQ2 "Premium Features" package which we pay extra on top of our subscription BTW, is poor at best, broken features, code showing up over templates, etc.[/p][p]And thats just the few things i picked out, I could go on but I wont.[/p][p]How can Sony justify charging us for this incomplete, and broken "Premium service" ?[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Nanamadar Guest

And, once again, Guild Chat from the site is broken this morning. "Undefined: Not logged in" despite the fact that not 2 inches from that message on the screen is the indicator that I am indeed logged in and my characters are displayed... /sigh
  9. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

This is a known issue; Jabru addressed it yesterday in the stickied "April Updates" thread.
  10. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

After repeatedly trying for 3 hours just to get the forums to work . . . I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. I stopped paying for the extras a long time ago because most of them didn't work. Has anything really changed? Do people really still pay for the extra features? Heck, just the forums are inefficient to search (and that's putting it mildly) and down half the time. Does anyone have anything good to say about them? Am I missing something?
  11. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Hellswrath@Blackburrow wrote:
    Actually, Roster Master is modularized enough to be easily adapted there. And either of us would be happy to do so if we were ever given a complete, clean data feed to work with (be it XML or CVS). We'd be looking at maybe one evening of work at worst, and in the process it would allow us to make the code much simpler, therefore easier to maintain. Adding new data fields to the CVS parsing would take a few minutes at most. XML might take me a bit more since my parser is currently tailored for the old feed, but I would happily change it to work with the new feed if it were ever complete. Actually, I'll probably be an optimist there, end up writing the new XML parser ready before the XML feed actually starts offering what I need from it. <grin>
  12. ARCHIVED-bubbaj6 Guest

I just cancelled the extra .99 I was paying monthly to view the achievements on eq2players.com. (which was the last remaining addition to my account -- I now just pay the basic fee since I get basic service regardless) a) Too many times it would randomly tell me I needed to upgrade when I knew I had it already, and it worked 5 seconds ago. b) It doesn't have the EoF trees impletemented and that portion of the game came out almost 6 months ago.
  13. ARCHIVED-MDKUK Guest

Because they dont give a crap?
  14. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    That's great to hear, Lantis. :-D I love how the new version looks on our website, and would be even happier if I could see our internal guild rankings on it. Well done on a forward thinking design! 8)