Why we as rangers should NOT be near the top of DPS.

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Ofzion, Aug 9, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

I dunno why everyone keeps goin on about the "ranged only" stuff, theres really only 1 maybe two fights out there that you could possibly use ranged only to some actuall benifit.

If you ask me, having utility like poison combination = any ranged advantage we might have... Hell, every scout/mage class is able to do pretty good damage at range.. And at range, most mage classes (summoners/wizards) will outdamage any ranger in a range fight..

And, a brigand can stay toe to toe with a mob for the entire fight without having to worry about AE. And still come ontop on the ranger in a ranged only fight..
  2. ARCHIVED-Jowita Guest

I drive an Expedition. These days, they're not all that big. I mean, next to an H2 they look puny. Like a 2-door Explorer. And what is it with Explorer drivers, anyway? In my studied opinion, and after 10+ years of hard-earned research on the highways and byways of Chicago, I've come to the inescapable conclusion that Explorer drivers are nothing more than reckless, thoughtless, cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, tail-gating, floor-flushing, low-life, horn-honking, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, d*ickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-arsed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, snotty-lipped, worm-headed sacks of monkey shi*t!
    Hallejulia! Holy SH*IT!
    Ow. What were we talking about? LoreLady was saying something, but I got distracted. Sorry.

Jowita
    Message Edited by Flidias on 08-24-2006 11:26 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

*hands Jo some Tylenol*
  4. ARCHIVED-TerriBlades Guest

One needs more then Tylenol to cope with driving in Chicago! Some sort of stress relief is needed. Something like Stupid Seeking Missiles behind the headlights.Yeah, that would work. Just launch one or two of those a day, and your commute is instantly better.

Now lets get back on topic.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jowita Guest

My thanks. :) That has to be my favorite all-time movie quote. Has me in tears every time I see Chevy Chase's bug-eyed rage. I'm chuckling silently even now.
    Jowita
  6. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Yeah I love that scene
  7. ARCHIVED-Jowita Guest

This would work as long as you're able to dodge exploding debris.
    And yes, I agree. Back on topic. My apologies. :)

Jowita
  8. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

gee, this thread still alive? :p

burn it down already, will ya... *yawn*

++Xan
  9. ARCHIVED-jarlaxle888 Guest

So, does that mean:
    A) You want it to die? You ain't helping by rezzing it after 5 days of lying undisturbed :smileytongue:
    B) You want it to really 'burn' in a flame fest? Well, it's gotten kind of lame. And I have no real good ideas for flame bait either... :smileyvery-happy:
  10. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

that would be B) ;)

MUAHAHAHAaaaa *sigh*

sry, im bored at work... so... sniff.

++Xan
  11. ARCHIVED-nirav21 Guest

No i am suggesting people to play a class that is more fun for there purpose.
    People should play there classes to have fun!! right?
    Why would you want to play a class if you are not having fun?
    If your idea of fun is T7 Raid. Then pick Assasin.
    If your idea of fun is showing off your uber leet bow to the ladies then pick Ranger:smileywink:
    You can only have one thing. Ladies or Hard core raiding experience(for nerds).
  12. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

Or you can take my option - seriously contemplating not buying another gamecard after it expires in october and staying away from the ranger class for good.. They seriously goofed it in EQ1 - they goofed it for the 3rd time in EQ2.
  13. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

Or...

You can ask for the same thing that SOE did for assassins...and that is to make them a viable raiding class.

Every responsible ranger I know was asking for this in the DoF days, as were assassins. And they got it.
  14. ARCHIVED-nirav21 Guest

Yea there is that you can ask for the easymode button.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

Yeah, cause our dps is sooo easy to come by, now. Sheesh.
  16. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Cat darling... you know better than to feed the trolls. ;)
  17. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

But I'm actually having fun with this one !!!
  18. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

ROFL! Then by all means, proceed... far be in from me to stand in the way of fun on the forums :D
    Just save the catnip for meeeee
  19. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

/salute Cat

The cute one, not the furball...
  20. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

/bows humbly at Teksun

Maybe now a logical discussion can be had more easily, anyway.