Why the implementation of the "burnt key" is terrible

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Krumble, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Then do you mind letting the clueless in on what it takes to get one, so that the rest of us can at least try to play along? Cause I'm already so sick of RNG I could spit, except that it won't go anywhere near where I'd want it to (you know, not on my desk, but actually through the screen...).
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  2. Gninja Developer

That is incorrect. The orange adornment from this only goes into the bracer from the zone it does not go into Epic 2.0 weapons.
    DoomDrake and Prissetta like this.
  3. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Good to know. Then I can continue to ignore the burnt key and concentrate on things that might actually get me somewhere.
    Earar and Mizgamer62 like this.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

5. Arieva Well-Known Member

t3 are not the highest tier bracers though.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

Mizgamer62, Snikkety and Jrox like this.
  7. Ellah Active Member

I think just saying 'you can't get it if you are afk' isn't convincing players and that doing x y or z to 'appear busy' will keep them eligable for getting the key.

I do also agree that it would be much better if the key could be handed out even if you are in another zone. If I do a key quest and my crafting quests etc and pick up missions, I hesitate to go and do them, PQs, help with epic updates etc. or work on other things because I might miss out on a key..

Would you consider changing it so that anyone on the eligable list has a chance to be selected even if they're off doing other things?

I get that you want OF to look busy but we're still going to be going there, and people standing round unmoving or doing those 'tricks' to appear busy don't make it feel populated, they're little different to NP'Cs..
    Mizgamer62 and Malleria like this.
  8. Jrox Well-Known Member

Whole thing has gotten out of hand and quite stupid. Just get rid of the damn thing... Giving someone an edge by pure luck is horse pewpew in my mind anyhow. Go quest something or dungeon crawl and earn rewards. Too much capitulation to the gimmie a hand out crowd now days...
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

Yes and No :)

If you have a guild warching for it, the time affort is doable.
    * 12h after drop
    * OF1
    * be active and hunt mobs

The Chance for gettint the key is not too bad.. if there are 50 players in the zone, half of them is not active or allready has the key. you have a 4% chance for getting the key every 12 hours.. or once every two days if you prefere having a real life ;)

The possibility for getting in raid the Necklace of Superiority is much smaller.

BTW: I think the way for getting the key is not the best.. but I have no idea how to implement a better.which pleases everybody
  10. Luhai Active Member

During "key times", you usually have about 70 players in OF1, not just 50.

A better way could be to a) openly communicate what's required to be eligible for the lottery, b) make only active play count, e.g. NPC kills (or actively damaging the mobs) by the player himself, not by his merc or pet, and c) let it drop in each of the OF instances, as long as there are at least X players in the instance.
  11. Heck62 Active Member

One of my guildies got the key twice,so If you were wondering now you know.
    Jrox likes this.
  12. Jrox Well-Known Member

I have a guildy who has gotten it twice as well.
  13. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Ever tried farming the key on a severely less-than-populated server? Not only is the last key drop info a more protected secret than the Colonel's recipe for extra crispy - there is literally no way to determine if you're on the "eligibility list" for it to drop or not... Spent 8 hours (after completing every type of task in the zone) - left for 1 hour, and then came back for another 3.
    IDK if your eligibility resets if you leave.. or what. So yeah. There's that.

Granted, the odds would be pretty stellar once I figure it out... at any given time, there's like 3 ppl in OF - maybe 7 during "rush hour". lol
    Mizgamer62 and Jrox like this.
  14. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I love your posts....appreciate the humor, wit, and irony! :)
    Zeddicious likes this.
  15. Kashue Member

So, i witnessed someone with their AFK tag up that got the key this morning, however they were fighting something. So, i guess technically you could be AFK and still get the key? I thought Kander said that wasn't possible?