Why the implementation of the "burnt key" is terrible

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Krumble, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Protips Member

put it on vendor, i dont care how much stats, coins, pq currency, dungeon currency, quested keys, 10mil plats, put it on vendor.
    Krumble likes this.
  2. semisus Does not play this game

im in favor of this and no i do not have 10k coins , but i would work towards it , you could leave the obulus way for people who would prefer that.
    i think its silly to having afk in obulus for a low low chance for the key that we dont even know if we eligble for , at least you could tell us what we need to do
    At this point in the game i think the last we need is for people being in obulus all day for a chance of this instead of doing grps/helping people
    Krumble likes this.
  3. Krumble Member

And considering the vendor spends all day, every day in OF, it makes sense for him to have some keys. ;)
    Snikkety and captainbeatty451 like this.
  4. Nkito Well-Known Member

If it goes on a vendor the ethereal piece probably gets a Relic tag as well.
  5. Protips Member

relic tag? then so be it. just put it on vendor
  6. Kelemvlor New Member

What about turning this into a monthly quest ?
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

No thanks. Enough relic crap in the game already.
  8. Krumble Member

Well, new "expert" zones coming on Tuesday. Maybe there will be comparable bracers that drop in there. Still hoping the devs add an alternate method to earn a burnt key, and do away with the current system in the future.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

To be flat honest
    This x-pack key quest implementation far from spectacular but we may probably call it "balanced"
    There is absolutely no, ZERO "uber" items from key quest (even from burnt one) - there is no jack pot (unlike ToT with mythical range item or with GU100 with eth runes on it) - But! much like ToT and GU100 there are "semi-uber" relic type gear coming out of the ... "second grade" type of keys (myth shoulders and glove). Chance of getting rare key (shadow quartz) is 0.5% (which is 2x lower then GU100 or ToT) which been offset that you can get 34 keys per run (instead of 10 and 8(16))
    Burnt key (after cash nerf) aren't THAT spectacular - it give 5 pieces of 16 resolve gear with slightly better stats than shadow quartz with 14 resolve and it give bracer with 22 resolve with 1 yellow adorn in it (+100 weapon over cap) - hence while it's nice and not something that over all overpowering or something even to drool about (like +3 fervor hat in ToT)
    While I might be disappointed so far with what shadow quartz keys produce (and most certain greatly disappointed with Timonium keys) I have to admit that current approach is very balanced compare to what is was before its simply alternative way of gearing up with 14 resolve armor nothing more nothing less. I am kind of surprised that inca keys are source of mythical - 20 resolve relic armor (it would be logical to put on tier 3 keys)
  10. Vokan Well-Known Member

The reason the relic gloves and shoulders are in t2 and not t3 is because they are quickly replaced with the relic chest and legs and you realize the relic tag isn't as good as the 14 non relic armor in t3 keys. Then you replace the legs and chest with 17/19 resolve armor and get relic jewelry.
  11. Jrox Well-Known Member

Yea, the whole burnt key thing is dumb. Reward isn't worth my time. If I came across it and the spiteful RNG gods decide to endow me with one so be it. If not, other things to do.

Move along, these are not the droids your looking for...
    Ruckus, Snikkety and DoomDrake like this.
  12. Asaenia Active Member

I love the idea of things that are mysterious in this game. I don't know why everyone is demanding that a dev come and explain in fine detail the inner-workings of everything. Not knowing everything is exciting. A lot of people want to take all the excitement and fun out of the game by removing all chance of surprise.
    Scalo likes this.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I know that but frankly - why would you replace shoulders/gloves with chest/legs? I buy concept of replacing it with 14 resolve gear T1/2 raids CH heroic and quartz keys. To be flat honest what we looking now? well crap load of Pot and CB (last one give us best reforgable stat so far), having +% life is good bonus
  14. woolfman3000 Member

just seen an afk toon win the key all he did was have his toon against a treetrunk running while afk its totally ******** tbh
  15. Entropy Well-Known Member

The Devs have asked to be notified (petition, Discord, etc) if people are automating AFK farming in OF1. A couple trips to Drunder and people should stop doing this.
  16. Kander Developer

This is completely false and impossible. Whoever told you that was wrong. Running is not even a factor for qualification. You cannot get a key if you are AFK, that is simply alternative facts. Anyone who says they did is either telling you fibs, confused or does not realize when they actually got it.

We have 6 weeks of testing and logs to say otherwise.
    Kittybock, Thilka, Snikkety and 2 others like this.
  17. Arieva Well-Known Member

But Kander you must admit that the delay mechanic from qualification to awarding of keys promotes afk camping in hopes of one, after doing some arbitrary thing(s) in game. The problems with this is numerous, I'm beyond frustrated from even trying to stay logged into game long enough to see if I get lucky when your key goes out. Maybe its just me but the game just closes on me when I try to leave my toon in OF unattended. So I've just given up at this point, even though I'm a very active player that probably ends up on the eligibility list often...
    DoomDrake and Krumble like this.
  18. Acust Member

the fact that you get on "the list" means jack squat unless you spend hours in the OF zones, which most active players do not. Running instances for gear, doing quests (epic 2.0), and other 'worth while endeavors' make getting the burnt key a crap shoot at best, which is a disappointment. Having the BIS forearms gated behind a "random" chance that is worse than raid loot possibility is very discouraging. Especially when someone who has gotten the key multiple times, or the "returning player" who has only been in game 3 days. There should be an alternate method to obtain the key. This implementation seems just as bad, if not worse than the duck zone.
  19. Acust Member

does this account for those who dont put up their AFK tag and just randomly fly around the zone or run into walls.
  20. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I heard that the orange adornment on our epic 2.0 weapons only drops in the burnt key zone. If this is true then most people will never see one.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.