Why SK's getting all the love?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by XustinuS, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

Nah. The clear winners are wizards. We're kinda broken right now. But I do agree. I've been told that the SK pet gives all threat to it's master at all times, as well as casting threat spells for the SK. Being able to use their offensive stance, along with good support classes, makes aggro better for them than paladins. Paladins are very good at low tier, but are easily the worst tanks at high tier content.
  2. Kioske Well-Known Member

This is inherently incorrect. If there is one thing I can say to teach a "newb" the fastest way to success in EQ2 it is to treat every single class as a T1 DPS class first and whatever class they chose at character creation as a secondary class. The "Tank first" mentality leads to a lot of "newb" players who complain that they can't hold aggro and say things like "my job as a tank is....." followed by some silly comment about survival.
  3. Kioske Well-Known Member

Trick question. The correct answer is whoever has aggro.
    Semperfifofum and Snikkety like this.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

at the same time .. if u treat every class as T1 DPS ... then don't be surprised when guardians and palies complain that they are so low on the parse ).

but let's say agree to disagree ^^
    Crastinal and Mermut like this.
  5. Kioske Well-Known Member

I didn't say everyone WOULD be a T1 DPS class on the parse. The point I am making is that they should always try to do as much DPS as possible and never give up DPS just for the sake of "Well I'm a tank so DPS isn't my job". Obviously there are tank stats they need to focus on, but just to say "Welp, I'm a tank so I don't need to be a DPS class" and then wonder why they can't hold aggro...... (insert cuss words here)
  6. Kielex Well-Known Member

Shadowknight pet is pretty great, mainly because It shares 100% Of your offensive stats, Does good threat and A decent amount of damage. Parsed it on a training dummy for about 2 minutes and it did 830mil
    [IMG]
  7. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

You won't hear me complaining, I spent most of the expac at the top of the parse until people got their epic 2.0 and now I'm a solid 3rd most of the time.
  8. Kielex Well-Known Member

A lot of these comments about shadowknights are from the outside looking in, I would so much prefer you guys play one before coming to any solid conclusions. I have played one for a very long time and I dare anybody to try and tell me anything about this class. Alot of judgements are passed between things people hear from other people who don't even play a shadowknight.. Anyone have any questions or comments please feel free to PM me on here.
  9. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I will say I am jealous of the always up SK pet...

well except for it's weird eye fetish that is :p
    Snikkety likes this.
  10. Kioske Well-Known Member

SK pet OP, need nerf now.
  11. Kielex Well-Known Member

warlock scorched earth op need nerf now
    Crastinal likes this.
  12. Kioske Well-Known Member

Woah woah woah, calm down sir. It's the only way that a warlock like me can even get near your Implosion parses!
    Kielex likes this.
  13. Kielex Well-Known Member

To be fair, The reason my pet is outputting so much is because my stats are high, Parsed it against a 38k potency necro and mine still did 30m less
    What mine outputs and what other peoples outputs is a huge difference, Because when I was at 32k potency it was only outputting 200-300m on the training dummy
  14. Kielex Well-Known Member

dont hate me because you aint me
    [IMG]
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

Dude, that's why you shoulda been a thaum. Everything they cast is a dot. Necro + Thaum is kinda legit because of the same type of buff.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  16. Kielex Well-Known Member

The thing is, I've never actually tested the damage increase on seething hatred, but you gave me something to test out :)
  17. Earar Well-Known Member

Are u top 3 coz of the paladin dps or the ascension dps ?
    Now it's tricky coz all classes can potentially parse well.

And also depends with who you play. Their stats and asc spell rank.

I mean ... saying you're 3rd on parse doesn't mean a thing. On my bruiser i could be 1rst or 5th depending who i play with.
    Best way to see how a class parse is the last named of temple when he never changes to the color of your asc class
  18. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

All of the above... I play with a Ranger and Beastlord (both epic 2.0 all 2.0 spells Ancient (including me) and all level 10 ascensions of all classes ... they would be pretty poor players if I beat them on the parse don't you think?

And yes once in awhile I get lucky and top the parse, but only on a fight by fight basis.
    Snikkety likes this.
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

That's what I say for tankless expert groups. It makes my guilds channeler hate me :p
    The_Real_Wurm likes this.
  20. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Uhhh, no actually to get your stats to where they need to be for a tank, you MUST give up dps stats, at least many of them. Even to get 100% hate gain, you need to reforge out of something. Often that's an autoattack stat. With the autoattack nerf, tanks were hit hard because I could hold aggro just by Autoattack being nice and buffed in the past. I never worried about hate gain until now. Ever. That goes for zerker too.

I think it's bizarre that doublecast is now the best aggro stat.. doublecasting aoe taunts is very effective. OK less bizarre for an SK, but my zerker is freaked out right now.

Many games go through this. A period of stat inflation, followed by a period of tanks having no hate gain without massive dps, and then finally enough people scream bloody murder until it is fixed. It's a growing pain, I think they just have other things on their minds while the stat inflation keeps raid tanks from feeling the burn. The non raid tanks are feeling it though.

OTOH, in a PUG, if a raid BL rips hate, oh well, he'll probably live through it bc his Resolve is higher than mine.

So fine, it's not an emergency when you look at it like that. But it is an emergency if you care about people forming casual groups and just having a good time together, being generally relevant and able to complete stuff. A scenario plays out repeatedly on my server, and in PGs... tanks needed, but tanks reluctant. This is one of the reasons.