Why SK's getting all the love?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by XustinuS, Aug 23, 2017.

1. XustinuS Member

So latest updates included dps adjustments;
    Outgoing profession ability damage has been adjusted by the following amounts on non-TLE servers.
    • Assassin: 20%
    • Berserker: 3%
    • Brigand: 9%
    • Bruiser: 3%
    • Channeler: 3%
    • Coercer: 3%
    • Dirge: 4%
    • Fury: 1%
    • Guardian: 3%
    • Illusionist: 1%
    • Inquisitor: 3%
    • Monk: 3%
    • Necromancer: 5%
    • Paladin: 5%
    • Shadowknight: 6%
    • Swashbuckler: 9%
    • Templar: 2%
    • Troubador: 5%
    • Warden: 6%
    • Warlock: 18%
    • Wizard: 16%
    Doesn't SK's already out-parsing other fighter classes in DPS wise? (not counting dps made through Ascencion spells) And now they r getting more increase than other tank classes. I m not even beginning to tell that they have pretty much of all kinds of abilities, like a combination of many classes? They can tank or dps whenever they want. Whats the need for other classes tbh?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Because they're the squishiest tank class right now...
    The same reason wardens got a bigger dps boost then other healer classes.. not because they don't dps.. but because they're the least capable on the keeping people alive through 1-shot side.
    For non-dps classes, the dps boost seems to be compensation for being 'weak' at your classes actual 'job'.
    Crastinal, Semperfifofum and AarChon like this.
  3. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

That measly 1% more isn't tempting me to betray... :p
    Semperfifofum and AarChon like this.
  4. Arieva Well-Known Member

Something has to make up for the fact they can't wear their own damn class cloak adornment...
  5. Lemons New Member

Sk's are like 4th in line of tank dps and this change will maybe put them 3rd..... probably not ( nothing makes up for the fact that they cant tank anything worth a ****. )
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  6. Murfalad Member

I've not seen another tank class out dps a SK, but I have seen SK's out dps other dps classes, it has been that way since the ShadowKnight Odyssey expansion.

Very puzzled by this change, I've yet to see a high DPS guardian - can anyone point me to one who is as I guess I have a lot to learn? Apparently according to this Guardians are too powerful so needed to be reduced in relation to other tanks.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Nobody got a damage reduction, so I'm not getting your point.
    The dps increases to non-dps classes all seem to be giving more dps to classes that are weaker at what is supposed to be their primary role (compared to others of their archtype).
    Crastinal likes this.
  8. Sounson Active Member

Let's break this down Barney-style for ya: If everyone else gets a 3% boost and you only get a 1% boost, that's a 2% reduction. I don't know how else to dumb that down.

DPSing is more about who payed to max out ascensions, epic 2.0 spells, and gear than the traditional class abilities. Tanking, however, is still very dependent on the class of tank. Ex: a SK, Monk, and Guardian may all crank out around the same DPS if they maxed all ascensions and same gear, but only 2 of those are going to tank Terris without a struggle.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

If somebody wins a prize and you don't, you didn't have anything taken away from you. This is the same thing. Nothing got taken away.
    Crastinal likes this.
  10. Kielex Well-Known Member

Lol, Shadowknights third-fourth in line in dps XD, Alright pal
  11. Revanu Well-Known Member

high dps gaurdians are called berserkers
  12. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Well they do get a pet that does over 400mil, 100% doublecast works on just about all there spells, add in ascensions, and the fact you can change the dps mod to effect the pets auto attacks, you got a tank that is uber in dps and tanking.

Also note, ever since all tank shared all stats, it created this imbalance. As you can turn even brawlers into plate tanks, and I know I can get my pred mit in a def spec and gear up to 27k with a 80% avoidance and if needed a good block chance to go with it
  13. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I have, more than one in fact, before the auto-attack nerf I'd have called some of them amazing.

Post nerf? Probably not so much.
  14. Oradim Well-Known Member

As a new(ish) player I like to read the different threads and try to learn as much as I can (or, if nothing else, get other viewpoints). But this particular part lost me. Maybe I am completely missing something obvious, but which class gets the pet that does over 400mil? One that is discussed in this thread?

Cheers.
  15. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

SKs do indeed get a pet... he must be talking about the ancient version of it though, because my SK friend's pet does no where near that amount of damage at it's current level.
  16. Oradim Well-Known Member

Hmm, interesting. What pet is this? I don't think I have seen such a thing yet in my young journey. Is this something from KA perhaps? I've not yet started KA but am working on the prerequisites.

Doing some web searches I've found some older information about a skeleton for SKs... is that it?

Cheers.
  17. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

No its a spell SKs get when they finish their epic 2.0.
  18. Oradim Well-Known Member

Ahhh, I see. Thank you for that. I've learned something new today. That's a good thing.

Cheers.
  19. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

You're welcome. :)
  20. Lemons New Member

The reason I say that Sk's are so far down the line in DPS is because they will never see end game content in their current state unless another tank carried them there and still In that fact they don't get such as bulwark because they are not tanking, DPS for tank goes Monk, Bruiser, Zerker just because monks/bruisers have bone shattering combo which is incredibly powerful usually matching or beating most ascension ability's even in short fights and Monks have dragon fire and if you spec for resets which there is only maybe 1 fight you don't as a Monk the damage on that beats out most ascensions also as long as you don't overlap the DOT, and Zerkers just because they can actually survive in end game content to bulwark, this is about end game content I am not referring to the short 10 seconds fights which make up most of the current expansion in which who ever tops the parse is whoever is lagging the least.
    Kuulei likes this.