Why oh WHY did they kill my Thrust Kick? :(

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-DarumaRanger, Feb 4, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-DarumaRanger Guest

Why oh WHY did they destroy Thrust Kick?

When I was a Brawler my Thrust Kick was this really cool looking jumping spinning back kick, Kung Fu'ie, Martial Arty looking kick.

Now that I'm a full blown Kung Fu, Martial Art using MONK, (as of LU 19... I'm lv 14), my Thrust Kick is the same boring straight forward Kick animation from the Fighter AT received at lv 5.

From discussions in game apparantly, if they're to be believed, BERSERKERS now have the spinning kick animation after LU 19 /BOGGLE :(

I'm all about eye candy... I could care less about what's uber or what's not, what's the best tank or what's not, what's the best solo'er or what's not... I care about cool graphics and animations and if, for god knows what reason, Berserkers get the neat kicking animations and Monks do not... is there any reason FOR ME and my playstyle to NOT hang up my Monk and roll a Berserker?

Did they destroy ALL our kicks later in life, (again I am only lv 14 after all)?

Anybody hazzard a guess as to why they've done this?

I'm so bloody pissed... even when I wield a Bo Staff weapon Thrust Kick uses the same boring straight forward kick animation when Kick itself actually becomes a jumping spinning back kick animation. This is utterly absurd !!

Frankly I fare better when I use DW weapons than when I use a Bo Staff... and as you all know, Thrust Kick at least, used to ALWAYS be a jumping spinning back kick when using ANY weapon(s). Now however, if I want ANY neat "eye candy" I will be FORCED to wield the Bo Staff type weapon :(

When I would use a Bo Staff, which I'd do when I was fighting things on which I didn't need the extra DPS of my DW weapons, I'd get TWO really neat looking kicking animations... both Kick and Thrust Kick. Now for some unknown reason they even took it away from Thrust Kick while leaving Kick to use the jumping spinning back kick animation. So, obviously the art work/animation is still in game since Kick STILL uses it with a Bo Staff equipped. What on god's green Earth made them take it away from Thrust Kick?????

Anyway.... other than ranting at the sheer stupidity of this... I'm also wondering if later in life we get our cool Kung Fu type looking kick/attack animations back? If so I MIGHT stick it out with my Monk... if not... Berserker here I come, hehehe.

Other than this issue I am LOVING the new LU 19... really... thumbs up to SOE for it... but GAWD they totally screwed the pooch on the Thrust Kick thing... at least IMHO.

Please offer me some ray of hope to continue playing my Monk.

Thanks all.

Take care.

Yours in Friendship, Brotherhood, and Honor,
    Daruma, Young Monk of Qeynos
  2. ARCHIVED-Bladewind Guest

Patience, grasshopper. Many grand animations await, but you must still your mind to be able to accept them. Reign in your passion, focus on the now. Be like water.
  3. ARCHIVED-Caliga Guest

ROLFMAO! I almost want to weep for you. Then I realize what I am about to cry about and I can't stop laughing. Don't worry. You'll get more cool moves in the future.
  4. ARCHIVED-MadBarman Guest

By level 60 you will have, I think, 4 spin kick moves. Also the upgrades to thrust kick later on used to be some kind of strange punch animation, so the kick move is much better. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

Thrust Kick was a nice skill though, even at 60.

I used it in duels or whenever I needed an extra stun over a DoT (atleast on the Bruiser side thats what it turns into).