Why not make a Challenge/Raiding Server?

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Raeven, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Jrox Well-Known Member

Did you see the latest from DarkPaw? They are introducing solo able heroics and raids. Either they were in your head, or they took notice! lol Either way, kind of cool for those types of players!
  2. Praetorian Well-Known Member

While its interesting. Its not feasible to relegate such a thing to an entire server at this point in the game. What you end up doing is dissecting the community even further. The other servers offer something different than LIVE servers and in this case all you are doing is removing a dedicated playerbase that honestly drives forward player progression in most cases for everyone on the server. If you remove those players you remove a key component in your entire servers economy. It would hurt the community as a whole IMO.

There have been "challenge" servers in the past.. like the Race to Trakanon server a few years ago. I think something like that would be cool to do again. Just a one off, temporary summer, fall or winter server that is an "event".
  3. Benj Well-Known Member

I just read through the Producer's Letter. I'm definitely intrigued, and this may be the final push I need to start a character on Kael Drakkel. A Grace of Norrath style buff certainly is an easy addition to boost solo players to heroic/epic level encounters. That's pretty much what Live solo dungeons have been -- heroic dungeons with an extra buff. I'm not sure what it's like on KD, but on Live, that buff is the opposite of what's needed. A max level character mentored down to 70, running a KoS raid, will one-shot everything in their path.