Why not have the ability to make a Prestige House into a GH?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rolaryn, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Rolaryn Active Member

so many times ive said wow why cant we just use THIS as GH? not to mention the things that we can put in our houses that we CANT put in a GH, like functional altars.. I dont see why you couldnt have a quest or something that allows you to convert your house into a GH for your guild. You click on house buy rights to convert it, [pay whatever] and ur old GH moving crate gets put in the prestige house. The prestige house then has all the ownership and rights doled out as a real GH does. If its an issue with a currently owned house converted into a GH, have the owner have last deed, meaning the GH is the guilds but if the GH moves or the guild is dissolved, he still keeps his house

Im know its not That simple but at the very least when you buy a prestige home it could set it up as personal or as a GH when you buy it...

Some of these houses are nicer than the GH's could ever be.

THOUGHTS??
  2. Koleg Active Member

Geeze .. has it been six months already?
  3. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Yeah. Same reasons as before- a variable flag for what kind of residence a place is not nearly as simple as you seem to think.

Plus, lots and lots of code goes into enabling guild halls to do what they do, and lots of game design and balance has gone into them. Redoing all that now just isnt worth the expense.

My THOUGHTS for you is to just go level up a guild (or buy one, if you're patient this can be done), and have the best of both worlds.
  4. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Well guild halls do have functional alters, see "Priestess" amenity
    And if guild disbands a person keeps hall? Not a good ideah either. Also theres the rights to things placed in it or hostile take overs. Over and all prestige guild hall is a bad ideah imo. There is a basic social function involved in keeping a guild hall up,a group effort if you will that helps with the whole guild bond process, a sense of accomplishment
  5. VeilShard Active Member

While I don't think that you should be able to just buy a prestige home and use it as a hall.. but some of the graphics for the existing prestige homes would be awesome, like the felwithe home or arcane academy, or any of the bigger ones really. Couldn't they be an option to be purchasable (at the 30+ cost) and have amenities placed inside. Given that players have so many options for personal homes it seems odd that there is still only 2 varieties per tier of guild hall., I'd love to see more!
    Buggabug likes this.
  6. Rotherian Well-Known Member

If anything, make a purchasable amenity (purchasable in the same manner as the other amenities in the guild hall - not via station cash) and call it The Guild Architect. For the purchase price of the architect and an additional payment of a certain amount of plat and status, the architect can change the look to a different layout (from a limited list of layouts that make sense as guild halls of the appropriate tier) and all the items in the GH get packed into a moving crate.
  7. Rolaryn Active Member

Oh well i have an 82 Guild and 2 prestige homes, i just thought it would be better with more options...GH in the layout of prestige homes would be cool too.
  8. Rolaryn Active Member

I simply meant if jimmy converted HIS house to a GH, when they disbanded, he got it back...an Existing owner.
    Thanks for all the answers, guys.