Why not have player made Gi's

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Prothos, Oct 12, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Prothos Guest

Ok so they kinda have screwed with us on Blood Drenched Gi's. But why not make player made ones. Same stats as leather ones just Gi's for brawler types. That way even if you were not in a guild that could take x4s you could still have a legendary one.

Just an idea post your thoughts folks.....
  2. ARCHIVED-Teidilu Guest

i think its an awesome idea, though i'd have diffrent stats then just the normal leather armor, but i dont see why that couldnt add this...
  3. ARCHIVED-Faynne Guest

Yea I would love this idea too.
    but knowing SOE ... :(
  4. ARCHIVED-Tangice Guest

:smileysad:

SOE really screws us over with this i mean come on?it could be more agi or str then reg leather armor that would be really cool

but seriusly knowing SOE they would be like "no gi's are rare and shouldnt be made by players"

which is BS monks just dont look good in reg. leather armor
  5. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

There is more brawler geared content in this game than any other class.
    Message Edited by Colossaltitan on 10-13-2005 01:56 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

/rofl
    Oh please.
    There is more plate in this game than anything.
    Old world didn't even have a fabled cestus. It had *one* mob that dropped brawler only gear (Nagalik) sometimes and two other instanced that could drop brawler only gis. That was high end.
    There was one fabled cestii that dropped, and a few knuckles, one quaterstaff and one baton.
    Need I list off the mobs that dropped melee based plate?
    Plus, as far as I've seen, the ashen monks only drop one brawler only item, and that's a treasured mid-50s gi.
    Message Edited by Gaige on 10-12-2005 11:01 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

Gi, Brawler Only. Ashen Monks/Disciples, Seems pretty brawler'ish' to me. Augmented Weapons, Brawler only.
    I don't see any "Guardian only."
    Thus, Once again, Brawlers see enough class-specific stuff.
    Message Edited by Colossaltitan on 10-13-2005 02:06 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Dananeb Guest

You seem to forget that Brawlers are also the most limited fighter class when it comes to equipment
  9. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

So just because some NPC's are brawlers, that means we get enough brawler items, rofl.
  10. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

*Scratchs Head*, No... Um.. That .. doesn't make sense at all. Anyways.
    Gaige, I didn't say that there is too much Brawler gear, I said that in comparison with others you have a lot. I feel there should be more specifics accross the board.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dananeb Guest

Warrior armor
    Cloth - Leather - Chain - Plate
    Warrior weapons
    All except for fist weapons
    Warrior shields
    All

Brawler armor
    Cloth - Leather
    Brawler weapons
    Fist - 1hb - 2hb
    Brawler shields
    None

Think about it, our choices are very limited. Other tanks are very versitile when it comes to resist equipment, or new weapons, brawlers have to dual wield to do slash or pierce.
    Message Edited by Dananeb on 10-13-2005 12:09 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

Warrior: Only wears Heavy Armor.
    So why does that matter?

Brawler:
    You get a built in shield, thats a bonus.

The only thing that you did bring to my attention is that you have to Dual-Wield to use Slash or Pierce which would cut down on your tanking ability due to riposte. 2h Pierce/Slash weapons should be added in somehow for brawlers.
  13. ARCHIVED-x0rtrunks Guest

Perhaps a scycle or a morning star with spikes for piercing rather than crusing.

I really don't mind that we don't have 2 hand slash or pierce. we're monks. We like big sticks.

And there is way more plate items than leather for fighters. Think about it. There is one class that is both fighter and uses leather. Most of the leather I see drop is for casters, and out of all the drops i see, most are chain or plate. So don't gimme that BS that brawlers have the most gear in the game. Take your toxic guardian whining elsewhere :smileywink:. I do agree that there needs to be more class specific gear though.
    Message Edited by x0rtrunks on 10-13-2005 12:52 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

CLASS SPECIFIC GEAR. <<Is that clear enough for you to read?
    I said Brawler geared content. As in factions (Ashen Monks), CLASS SPECIFIC gear (BRAWLER ONLY).
  15. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

As aight, that makes sense.
    Yeah I think with DoF there is more specific gear. Seen a lot of druid stuff, shaman stuff and crusader stuff so far. Dunno about warrior though.
  16. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

/agree, more class specific stuff has opened up recently which I am quite happy to see (although some of it is rather silly), secondarys for druid with str and resists on it. Lol) But still happy to see some hit.
  17. ARCHIVED-milgin Guest

I would love to see some Class Stuff Alot like in Eq1 you have the plane Raid gear like Necro had Blighted and MAges had Apothic just to name a few but only a single class could wear them... Perhs later on we could see some High level Armor quests for Class Gear :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

Yeah, I would have like to see a T6 AQ stuff. About as good as handcrafted armor (Hell, its not great, but its fun and it would look cool). Not just for brawlers, but for all classses. Would have really put an edge on DoF, even if its not that great people would love just some unique stuff.
    [Edit]Espescially would like to have seen this because the way they made armor no longer scale up, Thus Augmented, Ebon, etc was really really really weak at 50. Everyones character felt gimped Day1.[/Edit :p]
    Message Edited by Colossaltitan on 10-13-2005 06:42 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-MadchenBlau Guest

Yeah, I like the idea of a T6 AQ as well. I actually suggested something similar about a month ago, not much of a response though. /shrug

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=quest&message.id=79325#M79325

I could go for any variety of class specific armor and items at this point, player made or quested. I have also noticed a few class specific items drop in DoF recently, which is a step in the right direction. Too bad most the stats make them vendor trash, with a few exceptions.
  20. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

As long as you don't leave me Lotus I will be happy T6 AQ's or not :p.