Why no set bonuses on MC gear?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-WastedChances, Sep 22, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-WastedChances Guest

Greetings,

Just started an Armorsmith to compliment my Shadowknight since at the moment I will
    be relying mostly on solo gameplay (time constraints).

I'm curious why the majority of MC gear doesn't offer some type of bonus if you wear the
    entire set; for example, the "Bronze" or "Blackened Iron" sets. I certainly don't think they
    should have "crazy" bonuses but something to give some appeal to wearing the entire set.

I did see some higher tier sets with very small bonuses which is why I was curious why ALL
    of the MC sets don't share similar benefits.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

WELL before all of the revamps of lower tiered gear MC gear was SOOOOOOO good it was better then fabled so there was no reason to add any sort of set gear. Now basically you can level on treasured gear and really not even need mc gear except for maybe one or two classes even then debatable. Anyways I can see a point maybe considering it, but the fine line is to not make it overpowered. To be honest of the many things on domino's plate this would be towards the bottom considering like I said earlier with the recient treasured gear revamping it's put gear more/less where it should be.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

WastedChances wrote:
    MC is already the most powerful armor you can get in any tier below t7 barring fabled. I have leveled several characters and MC armor is the only thing they wear until KoS. There is not a single drop I can remember (legendary or fabled) that matches MC armor or jewlerly. It was way too powerful as it is. Adding a set bonus woulld make it ridiculous.

It makes leveling a grind since there is no gear to look forward too. Each tier when I hit level x2, I buy a full set of MC and do not have to worry about a single reward or loot until next x2 when I buy a new set.