Why Necros SHOULDN'T be nerfed.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-littleman17, May 12, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

His post's purpose is the same as it always is.

To show everyone how great he is. Every nerf is justified, and you'd know it if any of you were anywhere near as good as him at playing the class.

Just becuase all you morons can't regularly get T1 DPS and solo orange con heroic mobs, isn't Zald's fault... its your own pathetic playstyle and lack of skillz that are the problem.

Zald does not blame you, but he won't let your lack of ability cloud the reality that necros are so friggin' overpowered and can just wipe the map with an entire raid group, if only you could aspire to be as good as him.

In short... not only are all of you crybaby whiners trying to protect their overpowered class, but you are also so incompitent that you don't even realize how good you have it. But Zald knows... Zald knows all.

P.S. In all seriousness... do a search on Zald and I challange you to fine a single nerf he didn't look forward to, and a time he didn't use it as an opportunity to explain how overpowered Necros are... at least when he is playing them.

Message Edited by Gargamel on 06-06-2006 01:55 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Kharzek Guest

Funny thing there~
    If Necros keep getting nerfed so bad..why doesn't the player base for Summoners drop off? Why is it the class is still doing so well after all these "nerfs"? It's because it is still a great class. It will still be a great class some LU24, but too many like jumping the gun and thinking the world will end. Thier class will never be able to solo or get into a raid and thie virtual lives will be over!
    Or... it's just another balance and I still play my Necro. Will continue to play him after LU24 and probably 95% of everyone else will too. So many people posting thier opinions on something most have never played with or actually tested. Everyone who really wants to whine and cry go make a test toon. Buff him up, compare, take tons of screen shots of how horrible it will be and you'll earn some clout. Otherwise people really need to stop assuming the worst and just play.
    Oh and here is a good reality check, why do you think there are so many lvl 70 players. But only ever a few truely good raid guilds? That's because games like this are a treadmill. Anyone can get to lvl 70, hence yeah...most lvl 70's are NOT great players. Sorry it's a fact of life. Mind you some folks have family, work etc and just cannot raid. But the majority are players who "think" they are good and continualy wipe raids, make the raid harder or just plain don't get it. To those folks I suggest you realize this is a game, don't like it? Cancel. Will be doing everyone that does enjoy the game a huge favor!
  3. ARCHIVED-Druzgotek Guest

Or is it because many people level slow, and picked a necro for soloing ability, and even if necro sucks after lu24, those people do not have the capability (for various reasons, like laziness, lack of time, etc) to level up another class? Maybe they are also attached to their toon for reasons other than in game functionality and dps? Does not mean they will like being weaker. Maybe things will jsut irritate them a tiny bit more, and so they will quit the game that much faster?
    I am not saying it will be that bad, I do not know, but someone will quit over it. Maybe one, maybe a thousand. Who knows. And what about guilds who brought several necros on raids for dps, will they still bring them if necro becomes tier 2 or 3 dps? Will those necros be happy?
  4. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

If a guild brought 12 necros becasue that was needed for DPS, no I doubt those 12 will be happy.... So what, the 11 other wizzies weren't happy before.

This whole argument about people being left out of raids is pure stupidity. A raid group should be made up of a variety of classes for a variety of reasons. If you needed at least 8 Templars to do every raid becasue the other heal classes weren't good enough in any way to fill the role, then something is wrong... it could be the Templar class or it could be the game, but regardless, something would be wrong. If you fixed that, and other healers were now better suited, would that be hurting Templars or fixing the fact that in general no class should be so much better than another supposedly "equal" class that the game hinged on that classes participation.

Now, I don't know of any raid I've ever been on that had this over-abundance of summoners, it was never this bad from what I saw. The imbalance was minor and the fix (yes, I've actually played it on test) is really not that noticable in normal day to day game play. In fact, I'd bet that if I sat 100 average players at their necro under the test server environment, that 60 of them wouldn't notice any difference at all, 20 would say they felt a little off, and the other 10 would feel like they were just having a real bad luck day. If you want to know what the changes are like, YOU CAN ALL go play on test and see 1st hand. Just make a L70 toon, and play in the same places you play on live, see how much difference you notice.

Druzgotek, the point is, through all the supposed "nerfing" the class has taken, necros are still one of the best classes in the game. IF necros were never out of balance, then the 12% DPS loss from Liche would have made a difference, the supposed 15% loss from dumbfires would have made a difference, the current 15% drop on test would make a difference... But after supposedly loosing 30+ % of our DPS, we're STILL one of the best all around classes!

The sad thing is that the people most hurt by this are the min/maxers or people that would be happy if the class they played was the only viable class in the game. Then these people come to the forumns to stir the pot and cause a riot.

Idiots = people that whine and complain about something they've never experienced and have no factual anything to prove, or even support, anything. LU24 changes have been publically accessible for a month now... But I still see certain idiots posting stuff about me... I guess I give you a woodie at night... Whatever, I hope you chaffe yourself a rash.

To anyone that actually wants to know the truth... GO SEE IT FOR YOURSELF! If you still have complaints, then start a thread that actually deals with facts and your experiences on test! Tell us all why your necro is now inept and no good. Then maybe we can make some progress, instead of being mired in the fear and ignorance of morons.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

Yeah you IDIOTS!

Zald speaks and if you are too stupid to trust him, and too stupid to follow his instructions on how to see it yourself, then Zald can only assume you are morons trying to protect their OVERPOWERD class, and nothing more.

To those that actually seek the truth, Zald will be having office hourse every Tuesday and Thursday after class.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

WOW, you're such a flaming tool.

I've got no interest in participating your little circle jerk, so could you just put me on ignore if you're not smart enough to engage in a real dialogue.

Last time I'll bother acknowledging your existence... if you really want to provide something useful to the forumns and not just [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] gass, go try out the changes and give actual feedback on them. I haven't asked you or anyone else to "trust me". But I think I give more reason to trust my hand on experience vs the nay sayers that are working off pure emotion and fear... But no one has to rely on either. And no, I don't have Office Hours unless you're a hot chick and have more on your mind that EQ2...
  7. ARCHIVED-SirFreakus Guest

This is and I'm sure always will be a heated subject. It's easy to take things personally when you feel strongly about something and someone else goes out of their way to tell you the opposite is true. Everyone has their own opinions and reasons for those opinions. I agree with Zald 100%. I have a 70 Necro and a 66 Conj, they are both way overpowered in my opinion. In my parsings I come out on top 95% of the time in any situation with my Necro. It's nearly that bad with the Conj, yet the single target DPS isn't as high. In groups and x4 raids, in nearly every configuration possible. Now I could just be a good player as I do pay attention to the numbers a bit too much... find the best way to do things. At the same time I'm not the only one who plays their class well. I'm sure there are plenty out there that are better players than me, and yet play other classes. From my observations, the Necro and Conjuror class need some reduction. Sure it's a bummer at the same time... I enjoy being uber! From what I know of the changes, both classes will still be very viable (and soloable) after LU 24.

I will feel better when the Warlocks I group with (on my Conj) don't feel like 2nd rate DPS.
  8. ARCHIVED-StarryEyedElf Guest

I was originally going to try to clean up this thread and let it stick around, but there are too many flames and the name calling and sexually charged insults are just too much.

Thread closed.