Why isnt there any imbured gear for tier 1?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion, Apr 24, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Probably because there are no imbuing materials for T1, and because SOE really did try to ease new players into things by introducing limited variables in the first few levels.

That's why you have a limited spell selection at first - it gives you a chance to learn your spells/CAs before they throw a dozen at you.

There is really no need for imbued T1 gear either - you get through 1-9 so fast anyway...
  3. ARCHIVED-Drash Guest

Good question.
    Tier 1 is missing a lot in the way of imbue recipes and adornments, and the best I can get from anyone in terms of an explanation is the line about how little time most characters actually spend in that tier before they've realized what's missing (if they ever do), and move on to tier 2 and beyond.
    Why is there a level 2 artisan recipe for 'simple black coffee' and a level 3 recipe for 'black coffee' that are virtually identical? Questions like this abound, in my experience, but people are more concerned with other things, I suppose, to care about getting the answers to them.
  4. ARCHIVED-Miladian Guest

The main reason there's no imbues for T1, IMHO, is that no one would buy them, so why make them? The statement made above about being in level 1-10 for so short a time is dead on. No one takes more than an hour or 2 (if you're really new) to get out of them, so no one REALLY upgrades their equipment unless they like to have the best gear possible for that hour or so. They could always add them, but why?
  5. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    /points above
    This is why IMO. You can get through 1-9 in a day even if you are a true newbie and completely clueless. Then it's on to t2 gear or quested items. I've rarely even bothered to make t1 gear for my characters to actually use just because I get through it fast & the quests give you decent enough gear tomake it to level 10 (or 12 depending what t2 gear you are aiming for) with no issue.
  6. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

What about those who level lock and farm the lower tiers for transmuting and such?
  7. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    *shrug* You still don't need them. You can do that in treasured gear, np.
  8. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    Like Calthine said, one can use treasured gear for such. That and to be honest, such is in my experience a farily small minority. At least when I levelled transmuting, I went ahead and either bought items to crunch down to then make into adorns, or did rely on lower level characters, but not ones level locked.
  9. ARCHIVED-BigChiefJJ Guest

Calthine wrote:
    I ended up with a fully MC outfitted Pally apply named Pharm (except for weapons / shields - treasured were much better) on newb isle to get my transmutable fodder, and sell loams to tinkerers - you would be amazed at how much people will pay for T1 stuff. I made him about a month or two after EoF came out and deleted him about a month after RoK so he did have some longevity to him. My armor did have all the applicable adornments that would help me out so I really didn't ‘need' the imbued chest / legs - but they would have been really nice and the damage proc from the pants would have made killing groups even quicker. With the two imbued procs I don't think I would have ever needed to heal myself during a fight, and probably would never have dropped below 50% health on any of the fights.
  10. ARCHIVED-Zwildstar Guest

Because...
    <Starts a new Character>
    <ACHOO!!!>
    %$^*, I just leveled from 1 to 10.
    Why waste any materials on level 1-10 items?
  11. ARCHIVED-Nimbrithil Guest

i have a level 9 toon still on thbe island thats been there for like a year,,,i log him on the farm treasured items to sell you noobs starting transmuting and for harvesting and sellking the raws.