Why isn't Rallos Zek dead yet?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Loladen, Jun 27, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Loladen Guest

Plane of War was "released" 10 months ago.

And there are still 2?3? mobs to clear in the zone. Now I know it's not because they are super difficult encounters. My guess is that the encounters are in their typical DoV Impossible state.

Rallos should have been dead months ago. This isn't healthy for a game.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kunaak Guest

I suspect theres gonna be no new content in this next GU, as theres literally been no hints of any new raids or heroic instances - the only thing that appears to be on the horizon is they are gonna recycle drunder, and put new gear in there....
    so basically, theres just not much to actually do.
    if they make rallos killable today, within 2 months, the majority of high end guilds in plane of war would simply have nothing left to do, and start losing people to boredom.
    I suspect they are gonna be slow to make generals and rallos killable, to kinda draw out the content.
    its just a hunch, but thats how it seems so far.
    on top of a lack of new content, GU64 is basically a ton of nerfs, with a new stance to distract everyone from the lack of content, and the nerfs, which just means your raids gonna be squishier, your MT is probably getting nerfed pretty badly, and plane of war is gonna be drawn out even more.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

As for the first 2 mobs while they are not super difficult encounters, they are certainly not easy. They require everyone to be very well geared 430 or so CC for the first named 4 mil+ raid wide DPS for a 7 minute pull on the Boar, and 3.8 mil gives an 11 min fight on Berik Bloodfist. While that is behind the top 10 WW guilds it isn't THAT far off but the guilds that are all of a sudden getting the Drunder equivalent gear from the LOL easy Skyshrine content are not capable of those fights as a whole, they have too much slack/dead weight being carried by others.
    Some of the top guilds in the game have dissolved recently, some players have been absorbed by other guilds, some just finally moved on and quit. Attrition rates snowball, the more people that leave the game the more likely one more is to leave, then another and another. My current guild formed by 2 guilds that had gotten to the point where 3 groups were the best we could put together last November, we were both making reasonably decent progress in HM drunder. With a merge like this of course a handful of people left, some quit, some went upstream to a top 5 WW, but that was always happening, always has happened and will continue to.
    PoW could have very well been finished by now, but the Drunder itemization was ignored for so long, many HM drops did not have the stats that they should have and while that did not stop the best of the best that raid in this game it did slow them down, everyone was slowed by it, some were able to get over the hump. Many encounters in Drunder and prob PoW were broken or just so insanely difficult requiring some luck factor to get around. HM Generals in Drunder 3-4 people would get the curse in that fight at times, should have been 1, even when multiple people got it it was still doable, but it needed to be a well oiled, focused group.
    It isn't just one thing, but the primary reason(s) that it was not finished have pallindrome initials JS and SJ, either the devs were not allocated to do what needed to be done so we could get things like SOEmo technology, or the game was not getting the funds it needed. It really did seem like recently they were making some progress that some effort was being made to right the ship, but they are getting ready to nerf every class in the game, some worse than others with the loss of physical mit from our character traits tab, though they say they are GIVING us something new, and what they are replacing the Mit with is not gonna cut it, then the fighter class, but they don't appear to be listening, or willing to discuss/acknowledge/explain the reasoning.
    There is no easy answer to that question.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Does any other game company intentionally release content that is not playable? Only to extend the 'life' of it?
  5. ARCHIVED-1rocketjones Guest

They are gating the content to extend the life of the game. The player base knows. The devs aren't coming out and saying "hey we don't have new content for you and this is what we are doing to make sure you have something new*"
    The player base that experiences this content is not content with this. Hence guilds dissolve and players quit.
  6. ARCHIVED-Drumstix Guest

Dear SOE: Trust me.... keeping mobs unkillable on purpose will lose you more players than clearing all content and somehow instantly becoming bored of the game. It takes time to clear everything multiple times and get all the desired loot.

I can't credit the team to being cunning enough to keep mobs unkillable on purpose. I feel either they A: just don't care, B: have a huge disconnect between the team in priority fixes and time alotment C: lack the ability to properly code and/or test the content at all.
  7. ARCHIVED-Furore Guest

The base reason is incompetence. The particular scent or taste of the incompetence is moot. To answer you, Atan, I've never played another MMO that artificially gated existing content.
    I'm sure if we all were willing to spend 1,500 SC each though, SOE would take a look at PoWar.
  8. ARCHIVED-Darkholis Guest

I know it's sorta off topic but the current state of EQ2 is the fault of both the playerbase and SOE. Let me explain why.
    First of all the playerbase. Even if nobody besides SOE have the accurate stats, most of the EQ2 player base is from EQ1/WoW and as you all know, EQ1 was a fun but a time consuming game. At that time, a lot of players had time to invest in the game with all the grinds and everything, but those players grew older and got families over the years and eventually slowly backed off the game (for many other reasons too). As a result, the average 2012 player spend 2-4 hours per game session which is one of the reason why stuff is so easy, it's been designed to be done in small sessions of 2-4 hours. The other reason is players themself. As I said, most of us played EQ1 for a long time and we all had to grind AAs, plats, camp mobs for quest updates and all that fun stuff but eventually, players became tired of those time sinks and they asked EQ2 to be less time consuming. As a result, SOE did less AAs, money easier to get, items easy to get, etc...you know the following.
    On SOE's side, they gotta listen more their playerbase but also learn to say NO to some stuff. All the drama on the forums here shows how badly the relations are in between the playerbase and SOE. Always saying yes and doing stuff the first player tells you to do is bad as well. A simple example is the dungeon finder feature and dungeon maker. The idea behind the dungeon finder is good since the LFG tool was the most used one in EQ1 but in EQ2, peeps search in general chat and group with friends/guildies. Imo, dungeon maker was and is still a waste of developpement time. Rewards are crap, xp/AA is pathetic....need to add more? SOE should instead put time in saving what's been done, like fixing the borked itemization in the entire game, yes, the entire game balance is messed up since DoV Great Itemization! The playerbase keeps adressing items issues and in some case, they provide solutions but....nothing happens. About the NO thing, I think SOE should say NO to a few things like the DM as I just explained but also on other stuff such as asking for easier content. This is also why EQ1 is more healthy than EQ2 imo and also why EQ2 gonna be a ghost town years before EQ1, because the EQ1 content been designed to last months/years vs the 4 months cycle EQ2 xpacs. Best example is AAs, seriously, 320 AAs is a joke to get. 10k AAs was horribly long to get in EQ1 but at least, you had options and nobody had 10k AAs 2 days after content release. Another example is Skyshrine. 4 hours after the GU release, I had all my 91-92 masters, done all the access series and and was raid rdy with no need to do ANY group zones beside myths.
    Making PoW or any raid mobs unkillable to make the content last longer just shows how bad SOE designed their stuff and planned on guilds progression.