Why is this TLE constantly being made trivial?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Poopoo, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Poopoo Member

It's a TLE. Of a game that has been out for 15 years.

All the information about everything is easy to find on-line.

Why are "heroic" mobs able to be 1 shotted? Why is it all so easy?

It's a TLE, make it harder so there is some challenge to a game we already know. You can't challenge of us with anything new, so at least quadruple the damage mobs do. Take a few scripted abilities and randomly assign them. (I don't know if that possible or how hard it'd be to do...) But come on. This is a joke.
    My guild isn't the greatest raiding guild of all time, far from it actually, but we were able to clear Lair of the Dragon Queen 1st pull. Wasn't even a real challenge.

Please for the next TLE, understand we've all played this game, know almost everything about, and are not looking for 15 year old cake. Give us a challenge.
    Karioki and Pantero like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

been there done that , people went ballistic when trash mobs insta killed people with good raid gear on Deathtoll and Stormhold .

It would be nice if there was a happy medium reached , you don't want the game to be unplayable for the vast majority
    of players .
    Tkia and Breanna like this.
  3. Wilkerson (Kuraisenka) New Member

Hey guys this is Kuraisenka from the TLE

Couple things to keep in mind I would love to work on balance or be a part of darkpaw to help liven up our lovely game.
    I also don't mean to rag on anyone in specific when I talk though this from a "casual perspective"

1) I am not a raider nor do I have raid gear
    2) I am not really min maxed (not really in superiour adorns) I do have one new and one old hunters.
    3) I am geared pretty well for Group and solo content as group is what I prefer to do more then anything.

Anyone curious what my setup is https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2619932579659

Below is a list of zones that are currently SOLO doable with 70-79 spells and mix of new and old gear
    All TSO Scaled Zone except RR last named and HOF last named
    The Hole (contested) all Names (not raid ones)
    Library of Eruidin
    Erudin Research Halls
    Vigilant Incursion
    Vigilant Infiltration
    VD1 Conservatory
    VD2 Labs (Except last named)
    Vasty Deep Cella (Except Last named)

This is not a bragging post but to add light to this issue of difficulty.
    I am not sure if a Dev would read this but please keep in mind this is after just 1 week of the new expansion.

Again thanks a ton for all the TLE in the first place!
    Kalika likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well ok I have to admit I went in there with a group the other day and we wiped out encounters dark red to me over and over without as much as a scratch .
    I was talking about not to overdo it when those mobs are getting made harder , all to often it flips over and now it's impossible to kill them .
    I really wished there was somewhere in between where it's a challenge but not so hard that only the top raiders can kill them .
    I also wished some of the mechanics were fixed so some zones could be played without having to resort to bandaids like bringing 6 druids with T - Shell ( Kurns Tower } .
    Karioki and Breanna like this.
  5. Ssheldon New Member

Agree, and grats Kura but in original release of SF most of those zones (not all) were being soloed by some non-raid geared classes and there was no hunter gear back then. And during DoV some classes were solo farming some SF raid names and trash for mutes.

It is what it is.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  6. Kindread Active Member

The only reasonably hard content is the x2 zones. However, going in with a decent pre-made group of competent players will make anything trivial in any game.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  7. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Daybreak is either unwilling or unable to dedicate any real time and effort towards balancing a TLE server or placing it on it's own dedicated server type with it's own database separate from live servers. Until TLE servers get a dedicated team with their own databases independent from live, this is what we're going to get every time.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, i never bothered soloing instances, i have the hole named on "farm/trivial" but those mobs were designed to be soloed. I killed once Lib first named cause a friend needed the book update. Your sk gear is a bit/quite better than the one of my Sk alt, she misses like 15 block, do you run defensive stance 3/3 ? A friend told me that i have to craft stone tower jewelry to get those adornments, can you confirm that.

Do you have any fancy turquoise adorn on your armor, like t3 or t4 full set?

Anyway i guess mandate prevent you from killing rares and key mobs.
  9. Fangrim Active Member

Aura of the Crusader would fix mandate for him.
  10. Ssheldon New Member

Should and any other class with a recurring cure ability. One of my toons just lacks dps to finish off last name in library only got him to 30% before adds (old days the adds had less health it seemed). Soloing instances not a bad way to kill time, get masters or certain drops to sell, and easy 2 marks if you have nothing to do.
    But once again its not just TLE its always been this way on live when it xpacs came out.
  11. Kalika Well-Known Member

i can swear crusader aura does not remove mandate unability to target. Tranquility works i m sure.
  12. Kurth Member

My biggest frustration was constantly outleveling my quest book on Kaladim. Before TLEs were a thing there were progression guilds that would lock people at level 20, 30, etc for a few weeks before moving up. I miss those.
  13. Fangrim Active Member

If you bow pull and immediately cast aura of the crusader it continues to cast while mandate hits and clears it. It doesn't work if you are too slow and mandate hits before you click aura.
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Aura_of_the_Crusader
  14. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

People complained when xp was set back to era accurate levels on Fallen Gate, so that's not happening again.
  15. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

A recurring theme on this server.
  16. Kurth Member

Well I'm one of the people complaining that they undid that. It's up to them to figure out which voices to listen to for the next one!
  17. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

They listen to their bottom line. Whatever the maximum return is for the minimal effort they're willing to put into it.
  18. Wilkerson (Kuraisenka) New Member

Yes Defensive Stance I run T2 Block from the generic set 4Pieces this gives 15% block and group heal (approx 15% of total healing solo)

Fangrim is right Arcane pots are my go to but I have seen people use aura of the crusader (cast time on the pot is easier for me personally)

On the note of Soloing Instances it was never something someone could do until they pretty had no need for the gear (Raiders and very geared expert/mastered/max AA) I was bringing to the light that this is no longer the case

19. Kalika Well-Known Member

Do you have enough dps for protector gondu ? I did it on necro in lvl 80 gear with only her epic weapon but i think my sk won r be able to kill the second mouse before she ressurects gondu.

What is the name of the t2 set is that something like hardrock healing ?
  20. Kalika Well-Known Member

Just completed VD1 with SK, had to go town to craft potions -- indeed you just need noxious one for gardener --

Tried the fish keymob, aura of the crusader sort of intercepted the first mandante, on the second cure potions were diabled and all beneficial spells too. So i don t see how can arcane potions help.