Why is The EQ2 Community so toxic?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gnashtail, May 10, 2019.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Kaladim also has a MOTD when you log in telling players to /report and /petition the type of players the Op was talking about. They are still there, either biting their tongue, or only doing it late at night, when a few of their bully biddies are on, because they need support. While there used to be a ton on this server, it has calmed down quite a bit with the effort that DBG, and that community has put forth to stop this nonsense.

All that seems to be left now are the few die hard trolls, whose life is so bad, they have to log into a game, where people are trying to have fun, and make their life as miserable as their own. Just /ignore them and have fun.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol the only person I ever put on ignore was a sad lonely lady who kept on talking to herself , continually
    she would tell you , in general chat , if you send her a tell < that she only would do quests with her sons but she kept on typing , halve of general chat was full of what she said.
    I felt sorry for her , but I could just not stand it .
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea I've only ever put one person on ignore too, and that was someone was being a total you know what they kept stealing my nodes, they would see me head to ore to mine and they would race and get there first. They thought it was funny and ended up becoming well.... just say that is the only person I put on ignore. So irritating too to do that on purpose, I'm the type of person if I see you out harvesting I'll head the other way, or even if you are standing next to something to harvest I won't go near it, there is enough for everyone. O GOD I got myself going again sigh sorry. {rant off}
  4. Febrith Well-Known Member

You're on Thurgadin aren't you.....:)
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I miss seeing Annie in chat... It was always amusing to try imitate. You take a normal sentence and replacing every other word with a random word.

It tree often glass worked was like well this dog.
    Yachiru-san, Soara2, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  6. Febrith Well-Known Member

Haha! You got it, baby! And she's handbag 4th of July back /le sigh
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

:D lol , Errrorr.
    I have some toons on Thurgadin , yes ( about 8 of them)
    I got toons on every server but Isle of Refuge and Drunder . Including the public test server. and the new Nagafen.
    But right now I am playing mostly on Kaladim and on Fallen Gate before that .
  8. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

It also depends on the person asking the question for help. Recently, a new player asked what the best way to level a Templar was. I said "Get a group". I wasn't being a ********, but they chided me for being flippant. Sorry to be firm, but it IS the best way to level a Templar. Leveling solo on that class is they way to madness, or eternal patience...one of the two.
    ConcealFate, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Tell them Arielle
    Get a group is true for any class get into an instance with a group and not only will you get xp but also some gear.
    And " Errrorr " I think her name was Annie and I think you guys have not seen her in a wile because she was giving us an eye full on " Fallen Gate ".
    But maybe his question was not about leveling up fast but about the best path to do it but that's me analyzing
    this to much.

Anyway I am a woman and I worked with construction workers , so I am used to dirty talk and ruff talk
    some people are just simple and they don't think before they say stupid stuff.
    But if somebody still sais dumb stuff after you tell him that this is not appropriate than they probably can't use their brain to think first , because they don't have one.
    OOPS!!!!! now that was very unkind and toxic of me :(
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We had her on AB for a while as well.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  11. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I love annie. She would talk to herself for a few hours and then you would go sleep for 7 hours and log in and she would still be going on about the exact same thing. Mental issues for sure. I am just glad our community leaves her alone and dont start picking on her.
    Argosunited, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  12. Yachiru-san Well-Known Member

I've played EQ2 since I was 8 years old. I honestly don't remember back then people being rude or hateful (probably because I wasn't in the general chat) , but quite recently there have been a lot of players that you would think were 5 years old... just stuck in the bodies of adults. I think, they play or like most people on other MMO's to escape their sad lives, in turn they bring down other people, for the fun of it, and to get their kicks and jollies off. And, you are not the only one. I don't remember this players name, but he was all in general chat being so hateful to everyone down talking them, and I just got my friend to play EQ2 with me, and the dude had then started directing his jerky butt head self to my friend, I sent him a private tell that my friend was new to the game, and that were was no need to talk like that to other players... he didn't respond to my tell, but then in general chat he called me out by name and said I was sexually harassing him, and that I was asking for his number to send him "pictures". And a lot of people in general chat at the time, believed him. It's sad, at the time I was 15-16 and I was speaking to a fully grown adult who felt threatened, and necessary to talk to me like that. It's so sad. But, luckily not everyone is like that, but I'd advise you not to give your power to them, meaning they say racist remarks, sarcasm, and hurtful words... don't leave the game, your're playing EQ2 to have fun! I assume, since you're new you don't really know anyone in game and or aren't in a good guild of players who build each other up, it's not easy trying to figure things out. I'm hoping that the other people who responded to this thread (since I've not read anyone else's reply) are being positive, and I can answer any questions about the game that you may have! I'd absolutely love to help make your gaming experience better!

/hugs

~Sokaran
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

disagree, there are still lots of helpful people and the OP just needs to ignore the trolls and holier than thou veterans who like to be jerks to new players asking questions. If i see someone ask something i can help with in gen ill usually send a tell to that person instead of responding in open chat.

and that brings up another thing...there are a lot of people who play end game that complain all the time about not having the numbers of people to group with. A majority would rather not help new people or people new to end game get their gear and stats leveled up because it takes time out of their daily routine to help anyone. Most players that are knowledgeable play quite a bit and have many alts, guild halls, projects and other routines. It seems like no one wants to help because it takes too much time to run a zone that takes 5-10 minutes with raid geared folks compared to the 30-40 minutes for MC folks. To each their own and play how you want im not putting anyone down about their personal style....but dont complain about population if you dont help people that know less than you. The OP is a perfect example
  14. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Playing this (and other MMOs) have really taught me what I feel is a very healthy level of detachment from people that otherwise probably wouldn't have fallen into my orbit, or me into theirs. This is something I am thankful for, because that does extend to real-life. I like to put my trolling standard at the level of Robin Williams, who used to troll Trade chat in World of Warcraft. If your trolling isn't that quality, it's not worth my time. /ignore. Also, the best ignores are just done - no need to announce, just move on.

I figure once I have entire servers on /ignore, it might be time to consider another hobby :)
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I saw Annie on Kaladim twice she was with a big guy who pulled her around . must be her son.
    Shes ibn a guild called "In Timeout" or something like that.:rolleyes:
    Cyrrena, Dude and Breanna like this.
  16. Praaji Member

Fast travel
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  17. Miroh Well-Known Member

I have dealt with a few like this which ended up getting them banned. I think they succeeded in getting their IP banned as well. But, people are toxic online because they can get away with it usually. Not everyone is this way though.

I play on Skyfire, I'm rarely on these days. Its not too bad of a server.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.