Why is my avoidance keep changing ?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Aguisha, Dec 2, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Aguisha Guest

I log on this morning it's a 51%. I played for like 2 hours (not upgrading anything on my char) and next thing i know it's up to 55%. Later on that day i check again, it's a 54%, why does it keep moving like that ?
  2. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

Maybe you just had a Buff more active with 55% and it dropped to 54% when the buff had expired ? Normally the avoidance drops down after each level up, cause the value is always compared against a mob of your actual level .. as you advance in your level and your parry,deflection and defence gets higher your avoidance also gets again higher ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-aganaster Guest

i get this same problem. i may be at 52% avoidance and then log out, but when i log back in ill be at 55% and nothing will be changed. i still have the same exact buffs on so i think it's a bug.
  4. ARCHIVED-x0rtrunks Guest

I'll have to keep an eye on my avoidance. Most likely a display bug.

Are you sure you haven't had a skill up or a ding in there somewhere? 50+ you also get your skill ups from mini-dings..
  5. ARCHIVED-Aguisha Guest

No changes whatsoever. I log i'm at X%, i play for 30min-1hour, check my avoidance again and i'm at Y%. I simply don't get it. It's not just minor changes i'm talking about, sometime it's a + or - change of 4-5%.
  6. ARCHIVED-x0rtrunks Guest

Are you sure there were no skill ups, changes in buffs, stances, gear, group mates, food, weight of armor (VLA vs LA)?

I still haven't seen any changes to mine.
  7. ARCHIVED-aganaster Guest

nope, i would log out with no buffs at all on and no skill ups and it would just change randomly. so its a bug
  8. ARCHIVED-LaoShin Guest

I haven't noticed this personally but will keep an eye out for it and let you know if I see any patterns too. It is true though after leveling you actually lose avoidence until you recap your defensive skills, but that shouldnt come into play when your talking about loggin in and out. It is very possible it is a "hard" bug, or it could be just a display "soft" bug. Lets hope for the latter if that is the case.......
    Lao,
  9. ARCHIVED-Gui Long Guest

I never noticed such things. Maybe your parry etc. skills are not max.
    Message Edited by Gui Long on 12-06-2005 02:56 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Edyil Guest

It is because of skills and it will happen every level. At the start of each level your avoidance will actually reduce if you do not change any armor. The reason is that your skills are not maxed and because your armor is the same. So since you are comparing the same (old) skills and the same (old) armor against a mob that is one level higher (now equal to you since you just dinged), your avoidance will "appear" to decrease or change. That is just perception. Against the mobs one level lower (your previous level), your avoidance is exactly the same.
    You have the chance to increase your avoidance every 10% of a level. Hense the appearance that your avoidance increases throughout a level. So to be maxed, you should be 90%+ into a level but not dinged yet ;) Luckily, levels are greater than skill so its ok to go ahead to get that lvl 60 :)

Message Edited by Edyil on 12-06-2005 05:48 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Dfoley323 Guest

I beleive im formilar with this bug, as far as i can tell it occasionaly happens with the transcendent vision line. While u can keep the buff up even if the person leaves your group occasionaly, ive found that (upon loging in) my avoidance is low until ive recasted the buff. I think its the game trying to calculate the buff and when it doesnt find anyone in ur group with that name (since u just loged on) it doesnt initialy display the avoidance gained from the deflection, even though its being added in the skill list.

This is just one possible cause that ive noticed my self, besides the obvious skill up and mini dings reseting it. I tried to copy it and get a screen shot to confirm but its not a 100% bug i got it yesterday when i first loged on after the patch, but loging after that didnt seem to reset it.