Why is mend a spell?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Coraz2, Dec 28, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Coraz2 Guest

Come on, it should be an ability. It gets interrupted when I need it, and I can't use it to heal myself for 500 when running from mobs.
  2. ARCHIVED-RadricTycho Guest

I think you answered your own question. :smileyhappy:
  3. ARCHIVED-Wintermoonx Guest

mispost
    Message Edited by Wintermoonx on 12-28-2004 03:43 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Dooyas Guest

The cast time isnt so much because you are casting the spell, when you are mending someone you are either using some Chi healing force or applying bandages to that person, both take time.

What I really would love to see is FD not be interrupted by stun.
  5. ARCHIVED-Coraz2 Guest

I'm not asking why it has a cast time, I'm asking why it is our only skill ... other than kata.... that functions as a spell rather than a skill.
  6. ARCHIVED-xripperx Guest

I totally agree. Mend is something a monk gets because he can control his body with his mind to heal himself. Mind over matter if you will. To this same effect.. why can I cast mend and heal another player?? I mean its good to fall back on if the caster is in trouble but should mend really work like that?
  7. ARCHIVED-Dooyas Guest

Blame the players for being able to heal others. Monks have been asking for it for about 5 years or so. And it most likely has the spell like cast time because the priest classes complained about monks being able to heal others. They were none too happy during beta because of it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kwonryu_DragonFist Guest

Mend would be much more useful if its was instant (without being able to be interrupted) and a somewhat longer range.
  9. ARCHIVED-Coraz2 Guest

500hp/5 minutes, we could like get 800 monks and do a CH rotation, omg unfair.
  10. ARCHIVED-RadricTycho Guest

Okay well maybe my point was missed. I am pretty sure that Mend is a spell so that you cannot heal while running (to my knowledge no one can).

The very thing the original poster was asking for is exactly why we can't have it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Coraz2 Guest

I can FD while running and invis while running, though.