Why is Heal Minion dealing dmg?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Zerp, Aug 8, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Zerp Guest

I am a returning necro... been a long time EQ player and played EQ2 when it first came out, then took a long break. Well, last night I made a necro and played around a bit - what I do not understand is why am I taking dmg every tiime I cast Heal Minion. At lev 10 it was, I believe, 20 dmg. The spell description does not suggest I should, nor do I see any dmg in my log, yet my health bar takes a dip every time I cast it. Funny thing is, my power does not. I am wondering... is the spell somehow using my health instead of my power? Btw, I am using the default UI, no add-ons, so I doubt it is an UI issue. Any ideas?
  2. ARCHIVED-PureRhyme Guest

Its a health transfer from you to you're pet, rather then a heal.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zerp Guest

[p]Thanks for the reply. That makes a lot of sense - yet, I could swear I read that spell description multiple times, and didn't catch on it being a health transfer. [/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Mildavyn Guest

[p][IMG][/p][p] :D[/p][p] [/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Crusher Guest

Actually, the tooltip in the spellbook and on the hotbar, at least for the apprentive versions of the spell, doesn't mention anything about transferring health. It simply states: Heals minion for x damage. So the tooltip is misleading, and the OP's confusion is understandable.