Why is Gage so popular?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Tully14, Mar 18, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Moussacoyle Guest

Gage Said

Um...hahahaha.
    I really don't have a comment for that.

That's a first...
  2. ARCHIVED-Raidi Sovin'faile Guest

I speak for me, my beliefs and my stance.
    I know Gage is a Monk.. but since he speaks on behalf of Brawlers in general so much, this has to be done...

/feedback I feel that it is only appropriate that the Bruiser skill Taunting Stance be renamed Gage Stance. Apparently he has such a stance already.. said so himself. Considering how effective it is, I should hope you would model our stance to be as effective. Thank you.
  3. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

Is Gage popular? Clearly he's fairly smitten with himself, but at the end of the day one has to wonder what sort of people are impressed by a boy playing a computer game who levelled really quickly and likes to post a lot.
    Strange to say, I'm actually starting to miss Mamaseeta - all the bile of Gage but with an actual rather than an affected unconcern about whether people liked him/her or not.
  4. ARCHIVED-JojoTheDog Guest

Gage:
    Sage, I don't care if every single person on Earth didn't agree with me. I would still state my opinion. Because I'm not a follower, I'm not a push over and I do not get intimidated. I speak for me, my beliefs and my stance.
    I'm confident, I'm intelligent, and I'm not going to turn off my personality to please others or be liked.
    ---------------------------------------------

Its a forum, who the [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] does get intimidated on a forum......

Stating your own intelligence is never a good idea,
    Usually means the opposite (This could be a contrary inSTANCE).
    Continuously disagreeing with everyone also doesnt
    help your intellectual plee.

You might wanna rethink that previous postulation.

However, you do provide a high entertainment level, guess
    thats why I keep coming back for more.
    Bravo!

Message Edited by JojoTheDog on 03-21-2005 07:29 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Dryz Guest

My sister walked into the room while i was looking through the boards. She say Gage's signature and made me print it out so she could put it on her wall. Now THAT is why Gage is so popular, my sister is in love with him, and all she saw was his tiger...
  6. ARCHIVED-Tully14 Guest

Poor Gage. Even Sony is on his side but the [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] hats here think he disagrees with everybody. I don't know what happened but Mamaseeta was the most stupid poster i've seen in the monk forum and Gage has always been trying to help the monk class in the direction monks are supposed to go ---> tanking. Thats not an opinion, if you think your monk shouldn't tank but be dps instead go play EQ1, where a monk isn't in a tank archtype.
  7. ARCHIVED-JojoTheDog Guest

Some may disagree, but i think most agree, monks are tanks.
    People are just against the single mindedness.

And of course sony is on the side of monks as fighters, they wrote the game.

At the beginning I stated that I thought monks were not quite
    inline with other tank classes. Gage disagreed with me,
    stating that he was completely and and i was completely wrong.

Now he has reversed his view.

If Gage learns to disagree with some class, then I believe
    more people will listen.
    (Not to too negative, Gage does post lots of helpful and useful information)

Finally,
    I do agree with him.... Mostly.
    If monks cant tank certain mobs sweet.
    If only monks can tank certain mobs sweet.
    If every tank can tank every mob exactly the same....... Boring.........
    Just want each class to keep its individuality, makes things more interesting.

More strategy is a good thing
    Just a thought.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aija Guest

Wow, some of you guys really need to relax. I'm pretty sure the OP started this thread in fun, not to resurrect the tank or dps issue. And btw, why should saying Gage is hot make someone delve into the mind of the poster wondering what type of people they are? My god...lighten up. Do any of you guys actually smile?
  9. ARCHIVED-Owain Guest

You're right. In mitigation though, sometimes waiting for the 'All servers are up' message to coincide with reality can breed discontent. As evidence of at least a nascent sense of humour, I refer you to my posts regarding The Mystery Monk's Book of Zen and 'Why I'm better than Gage'...
    Message Edited by annaspider on 03-21-2005 10:04 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-kerra Guest

Gage is well written and gives clear and concise answers to all the questions asked of him, his opinions make you think twice about what you are going to say even if he does tend to pontificate. He takes the time to answer everyone that asks him a question, it does not matter if you are level 10 or 50 you will get an answer like it or not.
    Other than that he is a total @$$:smileyvery-happy: we all know half elf are not the best looking it has to be Kerrans hands down...we look good in just about anything and are very limber :smileywink:
  11. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Well, I never thought this thread would be two pages.
    Dryz tell your sister to thank Suite for me, she makes the best sigs out there. I've been very pleased with mine (and your sis was too).
    Kerra thanks for the kind words, but we all know that half elves > *. We have the coolest highlighted hair and facial peircings.
    I am hawt, so I feel that is relevant to these discussions.
    Oh and um, Tully14 is ugly!!

Message Edited by Gage-Mikel on 03-21-2005 10:52 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Ilina Guest

I've said it once, and I'll say it again, now.
    Hug me!
    -Ilina (hug!)
  13. ARCHIVED-SageMarrow Guest

/llina hug
    i was getting around to it... wife kept peeking over here...
  14. ARCHIVED-kerra Guest

LMAO.....<<< Looks around for my whip*...oh there it is!.... Tell your wife to give that back when she is done:smileyvery-happy::smileywink:
  15. ARCHIVED-xripperx Guest

I should be more popular, I won tickets to see Black Lablel Society today =)