Why is dirge such a high demand class in recruitment threads?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Shatterr, Jun 7, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Shatterr Guest

Just curious as to why over 75% of the guilds I see who are recuiting need a dirge? Is it because its hard to play so no one does? Is it because its crap? It sounds like a dirge offers good buffs, etc to groups so Im assuming thats why they are useful in raids but why is there such a low pop of them that so many guilds are recruiting them?
  2. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Shatterr wrote:
    Dirges solo fine. Not as well as certain classes, but fine.
    Dirges are not the 'star of the show' they aren't gonna top the parse, 'usually'. And in raiding the 'ego-maniacs' look at parse only just about.
    bards and chanters got hit pretty hard with the nerf-bat this expansion i think. /shrug
    Roll one and see.
  3. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

cause everyone needs our buffs, and people feel that having 1 dirge per group is a good way to roll.

Solo is fine, but will be slowish especialy at lower levels, and with the mechanics changes with SF we became Scouts that have lots of buffs, read into that however you want.

Dont listen to Cold...ever. If youve got more questions check out Flames or join guk.dirges
  4. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Androw@Najena wrote:
    Oh please. I said basically the same thing you did.
  5. ARCHIVED-Shatterr Guest

So the easy answer as to why raids want them then is they want 1 per group for buffs on raids. So is Dirge a fun class to play or is it kinda meh?
  6. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Shatterr wrote:
    I think it's fun. But leveling is a little slow.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rocc Guest

Besides being one of the best debuffing classes in the game theres a HUGE reason why people love dirgesand that is....
    CoB = Cacaphony of Blade (I prolly spelled that wrong)
    CoB is a raid ride casting speed buff. "Crack" as others like to call it. With your mythical the CoB becomes raidwide instead of just group. The "crack" lasts for less than 20 seco nds and theres a short recast. Having more than one digre and having them communicate as to when they pop their CoB's is important. Troubadors Perfection of the Meastro is equally beneficial but for casters. It doesnt give the speed of CoB but they get jcap which blows CoB out of the water with exception of it being single target fast recast (only on those that have not had it recently). Troubs honestly need a group wide or raid wide jcap!!! Spamming each person in raid is a nightmare then it becomes personal if they give it to player A and not player B. They got screwed on that.
    Dirge are also great for melee class buffs. Mages benefit from our buffs but nothing like scouts and tanks. Buffs include casting speed, crit, disease damage procs and run speed. We have a spell called "Gravitas" that allows healers to heal for 25% more. We can increase your STR and AGI pretty well also.
    Hate gain = 37.2% for the tank and adds an agression modifier. Used with a group hate reduction song (except tanks) a dirge/troub combo is uber hate for a MT. You could pull with an ice comet and the tank hits the mob once and gets hate.
    Too many dirges play as melee classes and thats a mistake. Ive seen dirges parse 22k and that only means their not using their class properly. Our debuffs allow the raid to compensate for the dps we would do and increase it 10 fold. It's hard to see that when your dps potential is high but we are a support class first and foremost. The parse is our enemy because once people see the dirge dps potential were expected to parse high. But if I do my debuffs the raid will double or triple the amount of dps I would have done. So it's a selfish act for dirges to focus on all dps.
    Dirges without AA are useless! I powerleveled mine in 10 days to 90 and learned the hard way that this is one class that is seriously effected by AA. In some fights a similar geared dirge will out parse me 10k. We have the same spells and almost identical gear. AA is everything for dirges and troubs!!
  8. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Rocc@Unrest wrote:
    No No NO! Dude ESPECIALY now with the changes in mechanics you should totaly be playing and thinking like a Scout.

Look All our buffs are up before we even join a group(other then Hyrans) so the Buff part of our Job is done before combat starts.

CoB/Gravitas/Debuffs/etc =ARE THE SAME AS= Dispatch/PoM/etc

All thats left is DPS after that man, you can keep up all or just the needed debuffs, Gravitas up to 4 people, Hit CoB do VC/RO, REZ and STILL get high parses!

Its not selfish to focus on DPS...in fact when doing VC you BETTER be 10000% focused on DPS as thats the whole point to VC/RO.
  9. ARCHIVED-Stales Guest

we bring buffs, debuffs, full power/health group rezzes, ( which allows healers to focus on healing/curing)
    and with enough practice/gear/timing some pretty good dps
    i am always dpsing, but when the situation calls, i know to back out and help with other things as needed.
    so some mobs i may do 20K dps and some i may only do 10k running to find someone that got knocked back and died 100m away

leveling one is definately tedious and boring
  10. ARCHIVED-Stales Guest

Rocc@Unrest wrote:
    are you joking?
    a dirge knows that debuffing will increase HIS dps as well...
    or do i just debuff and stand there with my thumb up my .... and be on rez standby, or contribute by dpsing as well as doing the other jobs we can do