Why I think Gage is right

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Ibreaka Ufaca, Mar 17, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Moussacoyle Guest

EnderMX said:

Gage has right to be condescending when he's correct in the things he had said and he has seen enough at level 50.

My mommy told me that NOBODY has the right to be condescending...
  2. ARCHIVED-SageMarrow Guest

man those geicko cave man commercials rule...
    (change the name of this thread, we have an entire thread devoted to god, i mean gage...sorry)
  3. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

I have more self haste stuff with my berserker than I do with my monk.. Because every time I go into berserk I am getting a combat haste buff. Its not quite as linear a increase since the autoattack damage is overshadowed by the combat specials damage. Done right though, I can put out some decent DPS with either my bersker OR my monk... but on each given level its fairly close.

Now, I will say I have had spikes, I have seen my level 25 monk match the dps our level 35 guardian can do (when he is in dps and not tank mode).. and we have a dwarf monk at the same level as my wood elf that can pound out 30-50% more dps than I can with my monk... but he has a lot higher strength.. so there are lots of factors that can make things seem different than overall...

I do know though, that my inquisitor does lower dps than any other of my alts :) but then I play primarily to heal and debuff and not spend mana on nukes.. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Linkdead_Phoenix Guest

I buff before the fight since buffing mid fight might take aggro from the main tank. Also, when SOE says that all fighters tank will tank equally you gotta take that for what it's worth.
    Message Edited by Linkdead_Phoenix on 03-18-2005 01:52 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Tully14 Guest

Ya those cavemen commercials are funny. Bout as funny as Gage trying to tank...
  6. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I was just trying to kill Diminisher lol!
  7. ARCHIVED-SomeDudeCRO Guest

You guys are idiots.
  8. ARCHIVED-Bibe Guest

Furthermore, I am amused by the European feeling that "TANK" means guy with big heavy, burdened armor that is supposed to be the toughest.

I find this insulting. As a european monk who tanks for his guild, I find this statement offensive and racist, and based on what? I could easily say that it is the American feeling that tanks wear Heavy armour... Try basing what you say on fact more than personal opinion. I play on runnyeye, and have tanked all the way up to my current level (35) and have never had any complaints about my tanking, nor many comments that I can't tank (except post agi-pre mitigation, but even then it wasnt too bad)
  9. ARCHIVED-JojoTheDog Guest

I know, but I try.....
    Does that count for anything?
  10. ARCHIVED-SageMarrow Guest

i do it without trying,
    now that is an accomplishment.
    but now that i look at it, anyone who says anything that isnt level 50 is an idiot,
    now that is down right amazing!