Why fix itemization issues?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Porcelina, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Porcelina New Member

I'm just curious what's in it for Daybreak if they fix itemization issues. I raided on the Fallen Gate server and spent kind of a lot of RL money on housing items for decoration and for utility (depots), as well as potions and such. So, why would they fix itemization when they can throw their hands up and force everyone to a new TLE server, making us buy ALL OF IT all over again?
    It seems more lucrative for them NOT to fix the itemization issues as long as people are going to switch servers. They (you... depending on who's reading) could keep pulling this for god knows how long.
    So, why do consumers believe itemization is going to be fixed?
    Siren likes this.
  2. Porcelina New Member

Well, that's a great reason.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah....and this is probably the biggest reason Nagafen wipes every 3 months, too: so they can sell more XP pots as the race to 50 keeps beginning anew. They are jamming two expansions into that time period, too, instead of planning several months in between each like they should have done at the very least. I'm starting to think this is so they can get to the "cash grab for XP pots as everyone rushes out of the gate again" faster. But two expansions in 3 months is too fast for normal play-- you feel like you're being blasted out of a cannon and forced to cap. I like to enjoy the game, doing side quests, crafting, and helping other players around town and in the chat.

Of course, with all the L50 XP pot exploiters this time around, unfortunately our server already sorta needs a wipe, never mind 3 months from now. (And dear Exploiters: Please don't dump the blame for your exploits into Daybreak's lap for having the pots there in the shop. Using them for what they were intended for is fine; using them in ways they weren't intended-- like running endlessly through zones and doing nothing else from L1 to L50 but getting team-stacked-disco-xp-- isn't.)

I appreciate that there isn't much in the cash shop. However, they are making up for that financially by only allowing one character per account on Nagafen. It would be much less disruptive, and they would have a ton more customers on Nagafen, if they weren't continually wiping the server every season.

I think they're biting their noses off to spite their faces over there, losing so many subs from all those who won't even play at all because the server wipes at the end of each season, mainly so they can sell pots. And they stand to make the most money in new subs off Nagafen: I doubt many displaced PvPers bought the Lifetime sub back last winter, because at the time there was no rule set here for them. Most of them had left the game altogether.

At first I thought they were doing 3 month seasons to prevent too much player power from building up, but with PvP XP being so high on Nagafen, there's really no way to legitimately lock and twink at low levels. You can't shut off PvP XP, thankfully, and the levels go by too fast (as it should be-- to encourage people to PvP, and so no one can hang around one-shotting newbies and casuals off the server like in the old days).

Twinking goes on naturally at end game cap as it should-- there's really no reason to wipe, at least not until DoV drops at this point because they haven't itemized that expansion properly yet. I get that the team is tiny, believe me, but if Nagafen had several months in between expansions, they'd have plenty of time to get DoV itemized by the time we (and Kaladim!) require it. They could keep Nagafen going for another year or two straight, easily.
  4. SPACEMARINE55 New Member

Truth be told its not the server being wiped why people wont play .... its the exp pots themselves
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

As long as people keep re-buying in to these servers, they'll keep doing the same.

But I think they would tell us the majority of people playing on Kaladim did not play on Fallen Gate, that their target audience wasn't their existing TLE customers, but new TLE customers.

It is sad they don't have the resources to support multiple TLE streams, but they've demonstrated repeatedly they can't sufficiently support a single TLE server much less multiple active TLEs.

I know its frustrating to those that have played previous TLE's as the 'writing is on the wall' so to speak on Kaladim. Those of us that have lived the failures of TLE past can easily see where the design of Kaladim is doomed to repeat failure.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Not everybody has left Fallen Gate. There were sure a lot of people standing at the broker in NQ this weekend. And there were brand new people asking newbie questions in chat.

I don't want to lose my decorated homes, and I enjoy soloing, so I'll stay on FG until they merge it into another server /shrug.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

Yeah I've been on FG the past week. On average there are 13 other people online at any given point, sometimes as few as 6 people online, and I think a peak of 38.

Dead server is dead.
    Adoninilol likes this.
  8. Porcelina New Member

Well, I know before Kaladim Fallen Gate had hundreds of people playing at any given time and our raid was full. The day of Kaladim's launch our raid had 18 people and there were 63 people total on the server. It took around 45 minutes to fill one group.
    I wish I could sell BACK the exp pot I still have and the master spells I just upgraded via my knowledge book and get my station cash back since it was all for nothing.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Here is your complimentary, I don't care if it was an exploit because they lied to the community about xp pots. It's still stupid fast to level to 50 without pots just grinding repeatable's and doing random quests. Stop trying to white knight things that are ridiculous.

Yes, everybody has left Fallen Gate. I don't know if you know of a great tool called /who all. This basically show's who is on the server at any given time, it also lumps anonymous people into it once the population dwindles down. There isn't anyone playing on the server, I logged into freeport and I saw one other person once, and no one in zone the two other times I went.

Stop trying to act as if the situation on that server isn't anything other than the word dead. No one wants to play through content that is unitemized, untuned, and with no one to play with.[/quote]
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

"Everybody" would mean /who all returns JUST YOU. I've had a few dozen on every time I've been on FG, on a Monday, during the work day. SOMEBODY is buying stuff from my broker boxes. That means that "everybody" has not left Fallen Gate.

"Many people", even "most people" may be accurate, but it's not "everybody". Maybe you're thinking that if a person doesn't raid they don't count as "somebody"?

We also don't know how many people will get fed up with this or that on Kaladim or Nagafen and come back. We don't know who all is keeping toons on multiple servers and bounces between them (like me, for one).

IF the server population is really down to a few dozen, then I imagine DBG will eventually merge FG into AB, where we will carry on doing what we do.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Sigh. The five to thirty people still clinging to a server with zero support means the server is dead.

Your fallacies, while amusing, are incorrect.

I would advise everyone to stay clear of even attempting to start on Fallen Gate at this point. Move onto Kaladim if you wish to have groups, players, or a pulse.
    Dude likes this.
  12. Porcelina New Member

If I wanted to "carry on doing what we do" I would play my 110 warden on Maj'Dul. I have many houses that are well decorated there.. I had a lot of station cash. I could have made a nice house. Instead I f***ed it all off on a server the devs would intentionally kill to suck more money out of us..... I came to Fallen Gate because I wanted to raid, group, and just experience the older content again.
    I just logged into Fallen Gate... Monday night at 9:11pm Central and a /who all returns 33 players.
    It used to return 100 because that's the max. If you did /who all 90 it would return 100 because there were over 100 people playing who were level 90.

Fallen Gate is dead. The devs killed it so they can make more money.
    Kalika likes this.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

Haha, how do any of you know the slightest thing about leveling speed? You exploited from 1 to 50 in a couple hours of disco'ing!
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

leveling is OK. faster than fallen gate

but takes times. grouping and grinding is the fastest but then u lack on gear and spells.
    Grouping doesn't give much loot. Questing does ... but questing levels slower.

As I saw a lot of people are undergeared/underspelled even around 40s
  15. polygadi New Member

As long as there are players who will drop "kind of a lot of RL money" on MTX, they will keep doing this. You sound (rightfully) frustrated at your experience and yet at the same time lack any awareness that you have perpetuated the problem.

The new PvP server was advertised as explicitly not having XP pots (and is still being advertised in-game as such) and yet there were XP pots. Why? Because people (such as OP) buy them up like crazy. And you wonder why they keep killing off servers by launching new ones. Lmao.
  16. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I quit spending large quantities of Station Cash on my houses after Stormhold. I never did finish my Rum Runner's Cove and I spent a ton of SC, plat, and crafting time on that.
  17. Kalika Well-Known Member

What they did is quite ugly, but it is probably legal like many other legal things which are moraly despicable.

Anyway Fallen Gate was dead much before Kaladim announcement, i quitted playing during TSO because FG mechanics were fully broken and they never adressed any issue; and on top itemisation was in the best case half broken and sometimes (like during DoV) fully broken.

During the whole life of Fallen Gate they did very little work, yes they wrote a script to generate RoK gea and this made raid gear acceptable. However for DoV the gear never got fixed, and the amount of work was zero.
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Maybe the fact that I have grinded to 50 on every single server so far including Nagafen while the disco xp was disabled. Does that answer your question? Or did you make a blatant assumption as per usual in an attempt to slight us who "exploited" disco xp? How about how the developers exploited the community into believing pay to win would be absent; then backed out on that promise?

Defend that.

This section and thread is dedicated to TLE and Fallen Gate, primarily the fact that it is dead. If you wanna go cry about discovery experience and attempt your whiteknighting, please do it over there. Not in the thread dedicated to Fallen Gate
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

Adoninilol I gotta say you are one of the worst troll's on the forums. You never have anything positive to say you just jump in and try to belittle everyone else. Your mother should be so proud of you.

Siren likes this.
  20. Venser Active Member

As the ex leader of mom guild I demand you take that back.

Meanie.
    Breanna likes this.