Why eliminate the separate forums for expansions and adventure packs?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Bawang, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Bawang Guest

I thought the reason to change the forums was to improve them, but having a soup of threads with everyone talking about all the expansions and advent. packs in the same forum seems like a step backwards to me. Now it will be harder to find information about a particular topic with everything mixed together. Please separate the forums the way they used to be.
  2. ARCHIVED-Mareth Guest

These forums weren't used much anyway, combining them seems like a good idea to me. I'll expect there will be a new forum opened for whenever a new expansion is announced though, as those are always rather active up until the expansion is out.
  3. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

I couldn't agree more. These are a real mess and do not help players at all. Creating these new forums was a step backwards.
  4. ARCHIVED-daeaorn Guest

For now one Forums I think would be just fine after a few months of the new expansion or AP being out the go dead pretty much anyways and when a new expansion does get announced i'm sure they will make an entire forum just for that expansion as thats when things get active and a million topics get made.
  5. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Lol yeah i got alot of posts in when EoF was announced :p i used alot of time (when i couldnt play eq2 or had no RL things to do) posting in the EoF boards...so im guessing that when they announce the new expansion they will add another forum for that one.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jeger_Wulf Guest

I liked the separate forums. When I picked up the Fallen Dynasty, I was able to go to that forum and get lots of good info. With the new combined forums, all the FD info would have been buried deeply.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cyllus Guest

I too like the seperate forums. :thumbdown:
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I want the EoF forum back. Who cares if the other forums no longer get used as the next expansion comes out? At least I dont have to see threads about those expansions anymore.
  9. ARCHIVED-interstellarmatter Guest

If I understood the devs correctly, the whole AP thing is dead anyways. So, this is probably more just expansion section. I'm sure that it becomes too hard to find info that he might open a separate forum.
  10. ARCHIVED-Camibella Guest

[p]hahahaha OMG! WTH![/p][p]This is gonna get messy =( (wait it already is!) Wont be able to find anything MOG![/p][p] [/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-TheresaN Guest

[p]OMG! There's 9 entire threads cluttering up this section, it needs to be split up!! The sky IS falling, I tell you![/p][p] Umm.. yah, I was being sarcastic. Guys, at the moment, it's pretty obvious a seperate section isn't needed for each expansion and AP. [/p][p]I know change is hard to take, but seriously....[/p][p]Like other peeps said, I'm sure when a new expansion is rolling out, they'll address any issues and open a new section for it if needed. Just relax and don't freak out every time something in life you've gotten used to changes. Change is good, even if it seems like change for the worse. It beats stagnation and apathy...sadly people seem to like to drift slowly towards the latter because it is "comfortable."[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Delameko Stone Guest

Actually I like it in one section. There'd often be hardly any posts in anything but the EoF forum, it was just more clicks. If any changes are made they should just have a Current Expansion section and a Previous Expansions section.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kasandria Guest

It's freaking rediculous how much functionality has been lost. Might as well not have forums now for all the good it does. Yes, there are few new posts. That might tell you something about the change. Plus, having lost all bookmarks and having the worst search function since windows 98....