Why doesn't my tank pet hold aggro?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-UnderToad, Jul 30, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-shagr1414 Guest

UnderToad wrote:
    Well lets see raid buffed with troub buffage i get to 991 int, my raid dps has not suffered one bit since i went with the str line to 8 inPC, i dont use any of the CRIT % increase AA, no need my gear has plenty. MAke sure u go down the line with lifeburn so your spells recast faster and kee that dmg rolling, with 100 AA ther is plenty of room left to get tainted heals still also, so claiming riad dps lacks from it, im still the #1 on all raid parses since, so that assumption means 1 or 2 things. Either you dont have 100 AA yet and able to spec fully, or your just not keeping up to par on raids.
  2. ARCHIVED-Magik01 Guest

Asarla@Splitpaw wrote:
    Yeah, once upon a time before aa's tank pets properly tanked, roots really held, fears really lasted the time they said, etc. only to be turned into crap and given the option of getting a couple of those abilities back and in proper working order through aa's... :x
  3. ARCHIVED-Mildavyn Guest

shagr1414 wrote:
    Just a minor correction, Troubs do not buff INT. (Well, a minor INT buff on Precision, but thats only 30 seconds out of every 2 minutes)
  4. ARCHIVED-Mildavyn Guest

[p]Double post FTL[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-96WhiteBear Guest

Hello all, i have question about Perceptor's Command and how it works. With 8 points in that ability it raises threat towards pet and there is 100% chance to raise pets position in hate list. For me it doesn't seem to be working. I mean first mob in Poets pallace for example, i send pet wait a few secs and then cast deathly coil after then mob is on me. simply that pet cant hold even small DoT . Ok i pressed PC in hope that named will turn back to pet but that was just my wish. I tryied it like 10 times still with same effect. I asked few friends necro's and they had same probs. So the question is if PC is working as it should? or can it be that my pet have same name as me?
  6. ARCHIVED-nhdjoseywales Guest

few situations that can cause that. pet is stunned, or stifled when you try to use it and it burns the hotkey but he doesnt actually use the spell, or it gets resisted. generally speaking PC works great
  7. ARCHIVED-zerfall Guest

My problem is with Shockwave (the pet's knockdown AA)...

When it goes off right when I hit the button, it works great. However, more often than not I click the Shockwave button everything in the encounter except what my pet is directly fighting comes straight for me, THEN the Shockwave goes off but only knocks down the one mob my pet still has aggro on. No, I have not cast any encounter AE spells or anything. I have played around with this a fair bit, and even if I have cast no spells at all, if Shockwave doesn't go off the second I click the button, everything but what my pet is attacking comes for me.

The only thing I can think of to explain it is that my pet is currently using/has recently used another ability and as such there is a delay before he can use Shockwave, and there is a built in aggro component to it or something. Has anyone else had this problem? When it works, it's really great and lets me EASILY take on heroic encounters without ripping aggro, but when it goes like I described above, I usually wind up getting my **** handed to me. The only workaround I've come up with so far is to stand in the middle of the encounter with my pet and use it, so when they aggro me they are still within the point blank range.
  8. ARCHIVED-nhdjoseywales Guest

havent had that issue, i usually use shockwave before i send pet in tho since it lasts 1 minute
  9. ARCHIVED-96WhiteBear Guest

Ok now maybe im doing something wrong here. i send pet to named,press PC, waiting a few seconds, 5s min. then i start with DoT's then abate life and mob turns to me (im not healing pet with heals or tained heal so no aggro from heal) fine i press PC again and it SHOULD make mob turn back to my tank pet right?(coz there is 100% chance to higher hate position) but it doesnt and no pet dont have stun, stifle, root anything. so pls tell me whats wrong in there? Edit. OK got it. It works 100% on common heroics and trash mobs but dunno why it dont seem to work on named mobs
  10. ARCHIVED-96WhiteBear Guest

yay dbl. post :XD:
  11. ARCHIVED-DeathRider69 Guest

I had a thread in combat about Forsaken City. I am running the str / int for raiding and from reading this post it seems that wis/sta is the better choice for soloing. I know that I am having a lot of issues in Forsaken to the point that I am lucky to clear one green 60^^^ - 62^^^. If there in a add I am dead in secs. Since you mentioned running in there, how have you speced out your AA's. Also any special gear suggestions? I have the deathcaster chest, wand of 2nd life, awakened intelect as well as some other fabled raid gear. It is really frustrating and the combat channel just said it was supposed to be impossible to solo but I do not buy that.
  12. ARCHIVED-XAvengerX Guest

Losing agro with a master 1 Undying Dreadnought ?
    Seriously, this is childs play if you just spec for Preceptors command. Want your pet to tank indefinately ? Then spec for Tainted Heals too.
    You cant lose, that combination is just so overpowered for soloing right now.
  13. ARCHIVED-Night76 Guest

Hmmm I have the master tank pet too but rarely take aggro from him unless i spam my spells,
    I do have the sta line and tainted heals but only once in a while i use perc.comm. and shockwave.
    I can solo Acad. easy rly except for that chicken D'Vinn running away all the time casting his shadows heh.

Try taking out the adds first then fd and take the named after it if you haven't tried yet.
    ( remember when you cast some spells for the heals of tained click on it again for faster reuse:) like loathsome mark when in a tight spot )
    Happy hunting.
  14. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

wis and sta lines in class AA and tainted heals pacts down to consumption, grave calling tank pet mitt and rest in rotting will allow your pet to tank all mobs with confidence. your dps will be low but that will help agro as well.