Why does Kerafyrm look so different?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mixxit, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Mixxit Active Member

Why has kerafyrm changed so much? I loved his prismatic appearance in eq1 it seems like he's been totally replaced with some other not so scary looking guy

What's all the new appearance about?
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

I actually think the new look is more substantial. EQ1 he was more of a ghost with a crapload of prismatic shiny effects.
    Neiloch likes this.
  3. Rainmare Well-Known Member

EQ2 Kera actually looks like he could seriously hurt you. Eq1 Kera looks like he was made out of sparlky glass. I should have been able to kill eq1 Kera with a hammer shot.
    Neiloch likes this.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

I also am partial to black/purple dragons. I love how the two colors blend together to make a feeling of foreboding.
    Edit: Agreed btw nicely put. I would hate EQ2 Kera to bite me.
    Neiloch likes this.
  5. Emissary Vex Active Member

I prefer the original look as well, he is supposed to be the crystalline dragon after all. His current look contradicts lore and makes him look more like an every day average dragon in my opinion.
  6. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Only a fantasy gamer could make a comment like this :)
  7. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I don't care for it either. I don't mind that he doesn't look like he did in EQ1, he's just not prismatic. With the black and purple he looks more like a void dragon.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Well yeah, looks more like a fitting mate for myself than the Prismatic Ender. :D You know how hard it is to find male-void dragons?
  9. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Probably about as hard as it is for ttobey to find that female meatbeast he's been wanting so much.
  10. Malleria Well-Known Member

Take a closer look at his chest. He's at least partially prismatic.
  11. Rainmare Well-Known Member

and he's actually red and blue. if you get closer to him, and you can practically walk up to his sleeping face...and the Warders are clearly suppressing his power. I think when we get to see Kera at his 'full strength' he'll have more the 'prismatic' look to him with particle effects or similar.

and the Crystalline Dragon is Veeshaan, not Kera. he's the Prismatic
  12. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

I always felt the classic, Velious model for Kerafyrm was a bit silly-looking, but then all the graphics in EQ1 at that time now seem pretty quaint. The Awakened's model from the EQ1 Crystallos raid is still translucent, but has a bit more detail and looks more substantial. I have yet to see the EQ2 model for Kerafyrm, but as long as they make him awesome and badass, I am pretty sure I'll be content.