Why does avoidance go up and down during playtime?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-LancerX, Dec 25, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-LancerX Guest

Got brawler last night and went got all new armor and repaired everything was at like 30% avoidance and noticed after a few fights was at 40% by the time I leveled u was around 61% but then it dropped back to like 40% which is where it was after I logged back on today, it seems to move around. Anyone know how this works and why it does this?
  2. ARCHIVED-Paraxis Guest

bump, same
    towards the end of your level the avoidance is high, when you ding and level your
    avoidance goes way down again. dunno.
  3. ARCHIVED-LancerX Guest

yes this is what I was wondering iv leveled 2 times today and both times my avoidance gets higher near the end of the level and then goes back down after a ding. anyone know why?
  4. ARCHIVED-Jeremiah Guest

as far as going up the first time, may be because you were grouped and folks had buffs on you. as far as it dropping after you level, the way it works is your avoidance numbers are against a same-con mob. so say you have 100 agi and 20% avoidance against a same-level mob, and you ding, but don't change any of your equip or agi or whatever, you still have 100 agi, but against a mob one level higher, so now you only have a 19% chance to avoid. it works that way with all sorts of stuff, chance to hit, avoidance, mitigation, spell damage, etc. if you do some searching on the boards you'll find where a dev explained it a little better than i just did, but that's the gist of it. basically, you need to make sure to keep upgrading your equipment or you will fall behind.
  5. ARCHIVED-Yojimbo99 Guest

When starting out new level your skills are lowest then can be sicne everything is in 5 point blocs.
    Example: at lvl 20 your skill would be 100/100 for parry.
    however as yoiu gain xp the skill will read 101/101 102/102 ect
    since the info provided on the persona window is your chance vs a mob of the same lvl, as one starts to gain more skill points in the given lvl it does show an increase to advoidance against a same lvl mob
    At 104/104 you are almost lvl 21 at 105 you are at the bottom again the least ability as a lvl 21 monk

hope that makes some sence
  6. ARCHIVED-LancerX Guest

thanks that makes perfect sense and explains it all , thank you.