Why Do Tradeskills And Harvesting Have To Involve Fighting Or Lethal Quests?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Most of my older characters have sooo many deaths on them from being max crafters at level 20. Harvesting in high level zones, etc, questlines, etc. I am impatient and just try to burn through the places, but yeah looks like I die bunches lol. It's just the way it has been. At least the CD line wasn't in heroic content. OMG I was like why the heck did I even level adventure with that PoP one. Going to die 40 times on part 4 hasn't made me want to do it on my alts.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Blazen Active Member

People need to be willing or make an effort to get their character(s) to the next level, the information is out there. There are several people on these forums that are extremely knowledgeable about the game. After all, Jujubes don't fall from the sky. Unless of course your wife is throwing them at you, then they're bullets.
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Dude and 2 others like this.
  3. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Nevermind, just realized I did Pop TS line when they were 100 level adv
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I like having that frisson of danger while harvesting. Keeps you on your toes, and makes it more fun!
  5. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

They just silently leave
    Blazen, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

perhaps I should have been more clear in my previous statement....
    Yes, you WANT a HEALER. Mercenary. Following. and. Only. Healing.
    I forgot that so many hide behind their mercenary to "rescue the player from their blundering."
    *I* only keep Perrin, and have only EVER kept Perrin to function as. a. HEALER. no Combat, no Protection, no Assist. just Follow.
    This way, Perrin serves as a useful distraction to the beasties' attention, allow one to complete their harvest, and, in my case, waddle (as I loathe flying) off to the next node I see,...
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

OOO! how about this as an Idea,... since previous quests allowed for one to be in Stealth/Invisibility (oh, no, not real stealth/invis, just Duck; like a beasty would not see one JUST STANDING(err Ducking) THERE.) and *STILL HARVEST*
    Establish a NEW player emot called LOW CRAWL, for the specific purpose of harvesting in proximity of aggressive beasties, which would put one in a face-down laying down position, translucent appearance(like invis/stealth), and JUST allow one to move to a harvest node unseen by a beasty, allow one to harvest said node, and skooch back out of the beasties' perception range. ;)

What say? Realistic, no need to change beasties' default (and perhaps more realistic) behavior, fun! considering the suspence of harvesting a node just under the gaze of an aggressive beasty,... all apropos in a Role-playing environment. :D
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

Breanna, no one is making you take the gear from the box in the library. And once you breeze through the easy zones, designed for casual players, you can work your way through heroics and raid all you like using whatever gear floats your boat.

I don't understand why people get upset about making this game accessible to a wider range of players. DB isn't a charity. They are trying to make money and they need as many players as possible to keep afloat.

This game offers a wide variety of ways to play to appeal to a wide audience of players. And that makes a lot of fiscal sense.

My suggestions are only meant to make playing more enjoyable for 10% of the player population and have little affect, if any, on the other 90%. If players like more of a challenge there are plenty of ways to get challenged without having to make harvesting more labor than fun for 10% of us.

I'm not a raider, so I don't make suggestions about how to improve raiding. I don't do heroics, so I don't make suggestions about improving heroics.

I am a leisure player who wants to have a good time playing. If some aspect of the game keeps me from having a good time playing, I bring it to the attention of DB for their consideration.

I'm not going to pay money, each month, to play a game that isn't fun for me to play. And I know, if I am having issues with an aspect of the game, others are also.

But nine, out of ten, players won't say anything, in the forums, because of responses like I have received. Eventually, they will realize they could be having fun, doing something else, and quit the game or at least stop subbing. Either way, it is a monetary loss for DB and another nail in the coffin for this game.

So if you really love this game, I suggest you, and other critics who think this game is being dumbed down, think about what you are going to spend your time doing if this game ends. What other game is out there that provides you all the enjoyment you get from playing EQ2?

I haven't found such a game so I will continue to give feedback on my experiences playing. It is up to DB to consider, or ignore, my feedback.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

You've got me pegged wrong. I am about as casual as it gets. I do not raid, I do not group, and half the time well more than half the time, I can't remember the last time I did an instance just to do one. I've only done the ones I have to do for the signature lines. Mainly nowadays I spend most of my time harvesting for all the tradeskill stuff, if I have any time left after doing that on the 3 alts I have doing the new stuff (still need to bring up the rest of them SIGH) then I try to do the rest of the CD stuff.

Therefore, I probably harvest just as much as you do, but I manage to avoid the mobs, and if I can't then I just kill it and move on.
  10. Blazen Active Member

I'll cut to the chase... IMO Almee you have it all wrong. I am a casual player, who enjoys the ability to log into a game to do as I like or prepared for. I like the challenge and not having to worry about making it home, if things go wrong. I've been with this franchise since inception but understand that all things must pass. Stop making excuses for other people and just own up that you think the game is too difficult for YOU. If that is the case, methods have already been mentioned on what YOU can do to make your gaming session more enjoyable. This is a great and helpful community, take advantage of it.
  11. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Almee, I have to apologize. I missed your words from my attention: "And the problem with harvesting around the edges of a zone is that it requires a lot of flying which requires far more hand effort than just running around. I can run around The Enchanted Lands for hours on end without my left hand getting tired. Today, after just three hours, in CD, my hand was hurting so much I had to stop playing. Flying up and down cliffs is really hard work". When I was writing following: "Let fly around and harvest from slopes". I think majority don't face such problem. Perhaps you should change height of arrangement of rug and mouse concerning elbow level? In order that hand was tired less. Actually you overcome considerable distance, constantly flying up and diving than if flew whenever possible horizontally. Have make your movements on zone similar as though you were on horse, it's only little above ground. Also use slow for mobs in target. Also leave your Pegasus. Perhaps it responsible for fatigue of your hand. Use griffin better, he runs much quicker and better holds horizontal. Besides, if he shouts, it means that your hand will be quicker tired
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You know that once you are in the air, using both mouse buttons simultaneously does all the steering your need?
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Feara Well-Known Member

If Servers where geared only to play styles: Raid ~ Adventure ~ Decorating, it would be interesting to see indeed.
    Soara2, Rhodris and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I raid, I like to quest and explore, I love crafting and decorating. I don't want those things separated.
    Soara2, Blazen, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

That would prevent people from engaging in more than one style on any particular toon. As somebody who likes multiple aspects of the game, I wouldn't want to see any aspect I enjoy.. limited.. on my server.
    Soara2, Blazen, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  16. Feara Well-Known Member

I think you both misunderstood my comment to what Almee is saying.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.