Why do solo dungeons now?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Zab101, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Zab101 New Member

Since the patch the chest drop from the last boss in a zone is garbage; unless you like totems of quickness, rivervale mudslide or want dozens of advanced adornment volume 10 books. Complete waste of time. Good Job!
  2. Alefaad New Member

Don't know what you are talking about. I ran 2 earlier and got my first fabled item, even if I couldn't use it myself (I have been very unlucky in my past 40 or so runs) and a legendary. One of my guildies actually got an ethereal belt from ST solo this afternoon with 190 stats and some great blue stuff. I don't think they changed the loot, just the appearance of the chest.
  3. Seiffil Active Member

It's the RNG, you still have decent items available, it's still another source of yellow adorns you can potentially decide to rip out to put into a cloak or other gear you have. The raid items still exist. The one thing it does look like they changed is that instead of having to roll for the crate at the end, it just awards you, so I'm assuming that means if 2 players run the zone, they'll each get one. Ignore the fact the chest is wooden, that has no bearing on what you get in the crate reward.
  4. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

I noticed the same thing. I've never been "skunked" on a CoE solo chest until the last update. Meaning, I'd never gotten a chest without at least one item equippable by some class. Today in a half-dozen runs, I got an equippable item in two of them and recipe books, adornments, etc. in the others. S'probably a good idea for the hardcore players to drive off the remaining non-HC player base by complaining about their rewards. :rolleyes:
  5. Seiffil Active Member

It's nothing new, I've gotten the adornment book multiple times running the solo instances before. Actually I think I had a run of 2 adorning books, and 3-4 green adornments, none of which I'd really consider using. This was before today's update, it's just the RNG, nothing more.
  6. Phia Member

Either you hadn't run very many solo zones or you're a liar. I think it's the latter, and that you're intentionally making up lies to push your agenda.

I was getting chests with food+adorn, potions+shard, random consumable+recipe in the first few days of the xpac.

So in summary: Nothing has changed, you're a liar, and you guys are complaining about something that doesn't exist. It's the RNG.

Note, I wouldn't have been so aggressive and dismissive in my reply if you hadn't ended your post in such a manner.
  7. Yttik New Member

Would be nice if they put a Obol in the last chest seem contrary to the passed zones were you still got a token or currency for running the zones. BTW I've gotten a lot of junk and maybe if they just excluded the food/drinks and spell books we all would be a bit more happy.. Also HM Solo End bosses should have a better change at better drops too.. Right now HM or EM kills net the same chests and loots.
  8. Ayrid Member

well - I looted a lvl 95 mage ETHERIAL WEAPON - stats 195int 195wis 195sta with a white and red adornment slot - from doing a solo Faceless instance.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Solo chests have always had a chance to drop anything form the following list (last named only)
    Solo clicky shard
    legendary ramdom class + random adornment
    consumable (food/drink/potion)
    Fabed drop (lower rate than legendary)
    Ethereal drop (very very low drop rate on these babies)

So 4/6 times at very crude and inaccurate mathematical levels you will get neither a fabled or ethereal. In actuality the chance of getting either is much lower due to them already having decreased drop rates. With the RNG a 10% chance to drop say a legendary adornment slotted item actually means that if you run the zone 100 times you have a 10% chance per run; not a guaranteed 10/100 runs will drop a legendary item.

It is quite possible to run 10+ zones and get "garbage" from the chest. If you don't like what you are getting solo; run a group.
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

Just now I've got several 160 stat stuff plus one fabled mage boots.

You get one crate per person now, 3 each for HM one.
  11. JesDyr Well-Known Member

Just don't loot them all at once .... I only got 1 chest worth of loot.
  12. Ramone_AB Active Member

I have gotten a variety of items from Leg/Fabled gear to the cruddy food/drink and the oh so irritating Adornment book.

Silly bosses, don't they realize I need the following: BP, Weapon and Waist Yellow adornment :) thanks!!! **I will continue running even after I get them, My BL has 3 pieces of the fabled chain gear and a horrid +8 hate red on his helm lol!**
  13. ZUES Well-Known Member

I have to agree that the loot is borked. Basically the same loot drops from advanced solo and heroic dungeons that drops off trash and nmed mobs out in EJ/OP. The biggest mistake they made in this expansion was level 95 instead of 100. It seriously put a damper on loot tables versus new content. And previously, PVP gear matched EM gear. But the EM gear from COE is much worse than PVP gear (equal in stats to POW). This whole expansion is messed up!
  14. Yttik New Member

Well that is what happened yesterday, got two boxes but only one box after I selected them. Looks like my second box went to the ether:(

Again why don't we get Obol's in the last chest?
  15. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

Well, I'm not a liar, but I have only been running the instances since last weekend, when I re-subbed, and hadn't gotten skunked until this Tuesday--Scout's honor.

After posting this last night, however, I got to thinking about Rate of Entry--or RoE--as it was previously discussed by devs on the old forums. There, they explained how a person who enters a dungeon more than others--or who has a higher RoE--will have a lower drop rate or chance of getting legendary+ gear than someone who only runs them once/week.

I'm guessing that since I hadn't ran any of the instances until last Friday, that my Rate of ENtry for these instances was low, so I was getting nice rewards (2 fableds in my first three instances). Since Tuesday, though, something's definitely changed in regard to the drop rate. EIther that or I need to run feewer instances of these zones in order to decrease my RoE.

(Edit: Btw, I've been a HC raider since 2004, when the game was launched, and still think that raiders moaning over solo loot is petty. ~Again, just my opinion.~ No need to be sad or angry about it. But consider that non-HC players are THE lifeblood of this game that keep the servers up and you may gain a better perspective on why they are entitled to more than just crap out of solo/heroic instances.)
  16. Lyyle Member

I think this is a good thing to discuss. There has always been a need to make the solo/duo experience valid and not just something to do when you don't have a raid on. For my hubby and me, raid schedules just got to be too much but nonetheless we enjoy playing together and it's easy to find common play time with a family member or close friend. I know any number of husbands and wives, cousins, siblings, fathers and daughters, etc who like this style of play.

It seems to me that the way to go is to gear the loot and loot stats toward play style. While raid loot seems uber on the surface, the fact that it is used in conjunction with a large number of other players with similar, specialized gear is an entirely different focus from small groups where characters need to cover more bases and face much different scenarios. Generally, a small group operates in a more confined space so they are up closer to the mob, they can become involved in more intricate and subtle puzzles since they don't need to assemble a large crowd for each try. Communication is usually livelier and there is more room to try creative solutions that might wipe the group, which is not a popular idea in a raid... raids tend to rely heavily on proven and rather inflexible strats. Things that would drive a raid crazy logistically speaking can be interesting, challenging and exciting for solo players.

I think if the gear reflected these differences the game would benefit enormously.
  17. J7critter New Member

I just ran Temple of the Faceless Advanced Solo with my merc and didn't recieve the items from the Goodie Crate. The game text says 1 person in my group got it (It's just me and my merc) but I never recieved the pop up window or any items in my inventory. Anyone else have this problem? Did my loot go to my merc?
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

Did you check to see if he equipped it? :p

J/K sounds like a bug, I'd petition it, even if you don't get something for doing so, enough people petitioning it might get them to fix it.
  19. Briarsprout New Member

I concur.
  20. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I think for the challenges presented in these zones (Sleeper's Tomb sticks out in my mind), the loot could be a little better. Maybe throw some plunderable furniture in these places. It's not the gear that concerns me so much, but the other stuff that drops in those chests and the general lack of drops within the zones. Compared to the Skyshrine zones, I find myself spending more time and money for the same return.