Why do people prefer the old ugly models instead of SOGA?

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Sakura, Dec 19, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Cynzielle Guest

Yeah I agree with Amphibia, a lot of what has been said about the legs being too long on the SOGA and the beefy arms and what not actually makes more sense to me. The SOGA may be slightly exaggerated but I don't find the original model any more realistic, it's just cartoonish in a different way and not one I like. :p In the original the legs are too short for me and the males seem too scrawny, the faces lack definition especially the males faces as opposed to the cuter female faces.

I don't know it's a fantasy world and therefore I really like to see 'fantasy' models go along with it ^^ If they really wanted to give realistic proportions they would add sliders to all body parts and let us pick them ourselves.
  2. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

<shrugs> If it were not for their bodies, I might actually play with SOGA turned on. Unfortunately, I find SOGA bodies so displeasing and unrealistic and just nasty looking in general that I cannot bring myself to turn it on. Personally, I don't think SOGA faces have any character, depth, or personality to them at all. They all look exactly the same, no matter how you move the sliders. One SOGA female wood elf looks exactly like every other SOGA female wood elf, and so on and so forth. As for Sapph, as I said earlier, SOGA has no age sliders, and Sapph is supposed to look like she's in her late 40's/early 50's. She's an older woman, not a teenager. (Plus, the whole SOGA eyebrow thing on Sapph just bothers me to no end.)
    This is my little tribute to the whole SOGA/SOE model debate for when the skeletal revampe goes through... if it ever does go through. I'm beginning to think this revamp is a myth.
    [IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-Cynzielle Guest

Sapphirius wrote:
    I'd really like to see a skeletal revamp and I've searched the forums for news but as you said it's more of a myth then anything now... It'd be nice to have a model that uses ideas of both models and gives us something we can all enjoy and actually see as intended. But hope of that happening is dwindling, it just so seems so long ago and no one has bothered to either correct us if it's not real information or tell us if there's progression :/
  4. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

Some news from an actual dev (ANY news) would be better than no news or continued rumors.
  5. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

Yeah, even if it was in the negative "Sorry, we tried to revamp the skeletal structures, but just couldn't manage it" - least then we'd know, and stop pinning our hopes of various issues getting resolved by it, and wasting time answering posts with references to it, perpetuating the mythic revamp.