Why do monks have slashing and piercing skills?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-lisasdarren, Jun 12, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

There used to be mobs with double melee immunities, but they've been changed to only have one. There were some mobs with immunities to all possible damage types for some classes, like slash/piece immune mobs which sidelined all scouts.
  2. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Hmm, maybe I'm just silly but it seems to me that in the Meeting of the Minds I can only hit the eye with cestii, when I use cestus or my RGF I always miss.
    Who knows.
    I always carry: pair of imbued cestii, pair of imbued cestus, RGF and a pair of imbued fistwraps, and my pris baton.
  3. ARCHIVED-Grabaan Guest

You're right Gage, the eyball in meeting of the minds resists most everything monks can dish, save the cestii. The guy with him (with no vowels in his name) gets owned by crush though :)

I carry the same/similar arsenal so I can be most effective in every case. I usally dual wield sixta's and the prismatic, but theres just a few mobs that those don't provide the best combo, so I switch accordingly.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I'm still waiting on my sixta's to drop, our bruiser got them last time. That or maybe ack or quarterstaff of flowers, crystal baton of flight. You know something decent ;)
  5. ARCHIVED-Grabaan Guest

Sixta's are really nice man. It's infrequent that I check my buffs and Alacrity isn't on me. I'm sure you'll get some soon, we got 3 last week.