Why do I keep getting One shotted with Tsunami up?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-mr23sgte, Aug 4, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

There is nothing like "Unavoidable CA" , even auto-attacks can even bypass Tsunami and it does not need to be "trash" or "boss" or even Epic mob.

All about TO-HIT value dice roll.
  2. ARCHIVED-ToejaM tbh Guest

I was sceptical about this change and I made a post about it before it happened. I asked if we'd lose all outright ability to stop attacks from the front while not in combat and thats what seems to have happened.

Playing in HoS solo for a giggle I popped Tsunami, hit Outward Calm and belted it through the first room - I was instantly put down for 8990 crushing damage when running at a mob that didn't even do an animation to kill me.

I think basically we've got to be in combat before the frontal portion of this works and while I have no problem with that, 10.5 seconds is not a long time to succesfully use this art anymore if we have to go into combat first because mostly I use this to stop the first barrage of attacks and waste the big first hitters some mobs have (the vaquishing blow in HoF for one) and this change has made it hard to co-ordinate and its hardly a skill factor imo. I think another way for this buff to be effective is if it is a "untill cancelled" buff that only starts its countdown when the mob takes its first swing. Keeping it on the same reuse timer though and making it toggle only would solve imbalance issues.

It wouldnt effect pvp either because if someone decides to take a shot at you, you'd think by 55+ (lets be serious, you take a Monk below his level and you're [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ed) they'd have the ability to spot main tained buffs. Fire a range auto attack, move away and count to 10.. then engage.

Yeah I to am very puzzled about Gaiges reason for changing "the guild needed one" wasn't good enough for me after all the activity I've seen from him and die hard devotion. While I played on a PvE server a friend of mine (Gaige you've spoke to him before, don't know how much though but usually in the crushbone.allmonks channel) called Stykes used to harp on about you like you were some form of god heh. He used to follow your advice to the dot and some of it I still remember today from what he used to preach to me was best. Did you turn him into a potion ***** by any chance? Rubbed off on me, carry so many of the buggers around.

I personally have no thoughts about changing to a Bruiser. I love the Monk class and when I orginally first started EQ2 I wanted to be a Monk, my friend how ever was a SK so I went to Freeport with him and picked a Warlock (sounded cool) on Everfrost. Moved to Runnyeye with Stykes when my other friend quit, Stykes and I were meant to make a char at the same time but I was working and he went ahead without me and made a Monk.. I didn't want to be the same class and figured a different class would be more helpful. Not knowing how most classes worked back then I picked a... Templar (yes a Templar to compliment a Monk lololol I know) and I've regretted that ever since. I fooking hate my Templar so much.. anyway, rambling here but the closest I'd come to Bruiser is going exile and I don't see that happening and I'd return to Qeynos if needs be but never to a Bruiser. Did I mention I won't become a Bruiser? ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-Timaarit Guest

No, autoattack will not pass Tsunami (if the monk is in combat as per current rules). And yes, there are unavoidable CA's. Those CA's can only be resisted which gives plate tanks even grteater advantage since they have higher 'resist' ( = mitigation) towards melee damage and if they fail to resist, they will still mitigate far more.

And yes, all mobs have certain unavoidable CA's, it really doesn't have to be 'trash', 'boss' or even epic. But my point wasn't that. It was that white or higher con epic x4 trash will oneshot the monk using Tsunami with these CA's.

After all, 100% avoidance means just that, you will should avoid 100% of incoming melee hits regardless of the TO-HIT value dice roll. Or are you trying to say that Tsunami, despite its description' is not supposed to riposte all incoming frontal melee attacks and parry the rest? You see if you are right, then Tsunami is far from what it's description says and truly bugged. Well it is bugged after the newest change but I was being oneshotted far before that was applied.
  4. ARCHIVED-ToejaM tbh Guest

I've been using my root mit buff alot, seems to help a fair bit that extra 545 mit. The 2176 mit buff that stuns you is the biggest POS ever. You can't hold aggro very well unless you rescue and even though I have a master1 rescue it just doesnt work long enough. I honestly wouldnt mind some penalitys added to the mit buffs and have them extended in duration or something but Im sure its been discussed plenty.

I know Stykes IRL.. well now I do as I met him online as I joined his CS team at the time, we were clanned for I dunno.. almost 2 years? Met at an event which we won on a LAN, I started playing EQ2 when we didn't practise I got him into it. Dont see him often enough though, very good friend of mine now but lives half the country away.. been clubbing with him since. Good laugh :)
    Message Edited by ToejaM tbh on 08-10-2006 02:07 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-HydroTsunami Guest

No offense but yes.. That's obvious to anyone who knows our counterpart.. That is truely the only reason to betray the beloved monk class. That statement, no offense, also sums it up about how lovely monks are.. lol and fills me with a lot of doubt... We still need more, obviously..we're lacking. As for pretty much the die hard monk person I remember you as to actually do it well like I said that statement speaks for itself. I don't blame you though.. but i'll never sell out my class i'd quit before I did that. To each his own though and thanks for the reply.. even though you are a bruiser! joking =p /bow.
    Message Edited by HydroTsunami on 08-10-2006 03:57 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-ki sensei Guest

Magic damage is the only reason i can think of and that can usually be avoided with outward clam.