Why do all the level 40 Specialized Training skills suck?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, Apr 25, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I can't decide which one to take because they're all rather lame in thier own ways. Unless the Martial Discipline one adds enough agility to make Staggering Stance useless, I think I'll pass on that one.

The Focus Energy one..... Ok I admit having a faster re-use time wouldn't be bad.

The Striking Cobra one I rarely use anyway.

I deffinitly DONT use stumbling boar.

Suggestions?
  2. ARCHIVED-stfields Guest

I went w/ the low recast AoE taunt. I'm pleased. I am aware that there is another upgrade at 50 (not sure how much better that is, to be honest), but I pretty much tank in every group. I will probably hit that taunt 1000s of times on my way to 50. To me, being able to toss out that taunt 10s earlier is well worth it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Selectah Guest

I personally took So'Li's spitting cobra, as its a nice upgrade to striking cobra, even at master 1.
    Striking Cobra(master 1) - interuppt, decrease dps by 5%, hits 190-316
    Sol'Li's (adept 2) - interuppt, decrease dps of target by 5%, hits for 158-264, ticks 63 dmg 4 times
    So hitting for max, striking does 316, so'li's can hit up to 516. Only 200 more dmg, but it all adds up in long fights, and it even costs less power(1) to cast.

Rauko Dae
    50 woodelf monk
  4. ARCHIVED-Burem Guest

I also took the striking cobra upgrade. I don't find myself using it unless i'm spamming for max DPS and a mob is immune to crushing, though.
  5. ARCHIVED-Havannah Guest

I took Sol'Li's

Seems to always hits, and is good DPS.

-Zen
    50 Monk / 50 Alchemist
    Unrest
  6. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

I took the taunt. It's slightly better than the app4 level 50 upgrade (agitate spirit) and it has a 20s timer instead of a 30s timer.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rohlstusk Guest

Went So'Li also and never looked back.
  8. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

Doesn't So'Li have a stacking problem with Diving Dragon? One of them overwrites the other?
  9. ARCHIVED-woode Guest

how much agility (at 50, or whever its white) does the martial discipline upgrade add??
  10. ARCHIVED-diamondmage Guest

think its about 15 agi and adds 42% avoidance to the target. i have no idea why u think these skills suck they are probably the hardest to pick from because they are all really nice. i myself went with the avoidance buff last respec and i would definitely pick it or the aoe taunt.
  11. ARCHIVED-Arrowheart Guest

I went with the aoe taunt and use it alot, saving 10 secs is very handy for pulling argo off a caster or healer. I would definately either take it or the martial discipline upgrade, not per se for the agi buff but for the extra avoidance it gives on who you want to protect such as the healer or helping buff up someone elses avoidance thats tanking.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rohlstusk Guest

Well, with the upcoming combat changes in month of WhoKnows, I would expect yet another chance to /respec. So let's experiment away!
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I just went with the AoE Taunt since I have been using it quite often lately.
  14. ARCHIVED-Morrolan V Guest

Ditto - took the AoE taunt and love it. Haven't lost aggro since. :smileyvery-happy: