Why did you killed Kaladim ? people were back and happy.

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kalika, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

Off course the hunter items were a bit too good and some adjustement was needed. But the one that was done is so brutal that honnestly it is not worth doing 15 quest to get a semi crap item.

My necklace granted me +_10% to base damage, that was nice; it was permanent ...
    Now it grants some very minor stats (2.5 reuse and similar junk) and on top it must be activated. \

I hate stuff that need to be activated .. really we have enough hotbars ...

The tank item granted +24% hp and was nice for hard raid mobs, even if it lasted only 30mn .. now it is a joke with something like +2.5% hp (ridiculous) ...

I don' t know if this was done in order to close the server quickly or if it is a mistake.

I hope changes will be reverted.

We are limitated to 2 hunter items, so they can be and shoudl be powerful.

We had tons of peop,le doing the quest, p[layers were back and now everyone will leave again ... great move.

What would have been be a reasonnable nerf ?

Well if +24% hp was too much somewhere between 12-20% would have been ok, the item would still have been great.

if +10% base damage was too much may 5-8% would have been on ..

and so on ...

As they are now hunter items won t be better than level 70 legnedary ...
  2. Somedude Active Member

Neat. I was just talking to someone last night about resubbing to do the hunters for the changed rewards. I wasn't looking forward to the monk grind, so thanks Caith for nerfing the item and I can stick with classic wow.
    Zenji likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if they never had put in those items as powerful as they were and people had never seen the items like this , they would still be happy what we have left now.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Kalika like this.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

No because hunter item have been super good from the start.

The whole idea of those item was that they would super super good. something everyone would want from the super casul to the uber raider.

The limitation was that there were only 2 slots or 2 items.

Now with the 2 equiped hunter item limitation there is no problem if the hunter items are super good and so they should be retunred to their original state (a 30-40% nerf may still be acceptable). Trust me people (mostly tanks) won't run 15 quest to get 2.5% ore hp for 30mn over 3 hours or 2% reuse. But they will for 15-20% or 10% reuse.

Hunter items have to be super attractive because of the time investment.

Making the coin no-trade as opposed to heirloom (as they always have been) was another colossal mistake.
    ConcealFate, Cyrrena and Redlight like this.
  5. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

The Hunters Quests were a bad idea to begin with; a band-aid to mitigate the excessive under-balancing of the content. I don't play TLE for token mission grind. If content and itemization would have been properly balanced to begin with, there wouldn't be a problem.
    Xevran and Blaupunkt like this.
  6. Tobias Fünke Member

I don't mind that they changed the items.

My problem is that they changed them 3 weeks after they introduced items that no one wants, and made them good enough for everyone to want to get them. I had one character with enough coins to take a couple of the new items (one T5 and one T6). Then the next week they change them again. I agree that they were a little too much and needed to be adjusted.

However the changes meant that the items I originally chose are not what I would choose now. Each item is 12 days of playtime if you do the quest every day. I think with such drastic changes, it would have been appropriate to offer a coin refund so those of us who picked items could get a re-do. I petitioned and was told they couldn't do it. So now I have a useless item on my SK that I spent almost 2 weeks working towards. Kind of disappointing.
    ConcealFate, Cyrrena and Kalika like this.
  7. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

That's pretty much the risk you run in any MMO. Developers reserve the right to change whatever they want, whenever they want, for whatever reason they want.
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I have no issues with the current stat layouts of the items, they are a reason to log in and actually play every single day instead of not bothering what so ever.

The only issue is that they were released being overpowered, then nerfed after people got excited/resubbed to get these items.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well what we really need now to settle some of the animosity ( little ratonga using big words she does not really understand ) going on here right now , is another double coin event.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Seth Well-Known Member

Well I don't know about you but hunters were too overpowered. That 10% damage was for you and a pet which is stupid crazy, that hp increase was absolutely pathetic and broken. 2.5%hp increase is the same as having another mirror of my KOS breastplate stat and 2.5 reuse.... Are you kidding me.. your complaining about that??... Okay how about we go back to real vanilla when blue stats did not exist till EOF.. yeah that lovely mitigation was all you played for. Be happy you get what you got hunters are still very good and impressive, the shield for instance is better than nexts Sig line. You sound so spoiled.