why cant we use 2dh slash?

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-soibitum, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-soibitum Guest

this is something that's bugged me for a while as i have a shaman druid and cleric 80+ (currently playing the druid)

why cant we use 2hd slash? i mean shamans can use 2hd pierce and all priests cn use 2hd crush so why?

why SoE?

i say!

2HD SLASH FOR DRUIDS IN '10!!!!
  2. ARCHIVED-blaiddur Guest

sony did recently give us a 2hd slasher not sure where it drops but think it's either off of the hardest vigilant zone or the x2.
  3. ARCHIVED-Axterix Guest

soibitum wrote:
    Most likely, it has to do with RP legacy. DnD, basically. Druids there could use sickles. The idea sort of being that druids could use plant cutting bladed items, but used blunt weapons besides that. Don't recall if they could use scimitars as well back then or if that came about a bit later, due to computer games allowing druids to use scimitars instead of adding scythes to the games. But, anyway, this has basically become part of what a druid is in games now.
    That said, one could stay true to that line of thought and give us scythes :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

The original reason is likely because in EQ1 druids were restricted to 1HS (scimitars) along with 1HB/2HB and weren't allowed any 2HS.
  5. ARCHIVED-Generic123 Guest

blaiddur wrote:
    You are probably thinking of this one:
    http://eq2.zam.com/db/item.html?eq2...88b0f7cbaa576af
    It drops off the last mob in Vigilant Rescue, the hardest of the single group Vigilant zones.