Why can't we kill steal contested mobs like avatars?

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Sunlei, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Sunlei Well-Known Member

well why not?
  2. Seth Well-Known Member

Because your version of kill stealing probably involves a load of portals and server lag?
    Ayodi likes this.
  3. Sunlei Well-Known Member

No I don't mean opening portals & not sure what you talk about lag? my game usually doesn't lag.

Can kill steal everything else like mobs on Tarinax even 'KS' players during pvp fights. ,

why are avatars different?
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think he means, why is the fight locked, why can't they kill the others and take the avatar for themselves?
    Why is the only way to take over the avatars if the other people fail?
    Maybe it's because this is NPCs that take a raid force to kill in a public space.
    This is not about you having no lag Sunlei, on Fallen Gate people crashed whole zone servers by creating to much activity, so you might be fine one moment, and the next you end up in Caracter Selection, or even crash out of the game.
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Seth was just being sarcastic. ;) Players of both PvE and PvP TLs have exploited avatars in the past in various ways. I'll leave it at that.

Not every PvPer is an exploiting goon, Seth! :p

In all honesty, Kaladim has had far more avatar exploiters than Tarinax has.
    Seth and Schmetterling like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am surprised they even gave us the avatars on Tarinax after the disaster on Kaladim, but maybe the people on Tarinax are more disciplined.
    On Kaladim a bunch of people got permanently banned almost all the raid force of one guild.
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  7. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Not sure why more people aren't in growth. Anyway I still want to be able to kill steal avatars so as to add much excitement :)

REMOVE THE LEASH pleaseee
  8. Seth Well-Known Member

I'll tell you a trick to getting to kill steal the avatars. Pretty important step and It's annoying for the other team.
    Do as Followed.

1. Pull it before them.

Fin.
    Eragahn and Ayodi like this.
  9. Riverbear Active Member

Yep.
    It's official!
    Eve Online is the perfect game for you, Sunlei! Enjoy! ;)
    Ayodi and Siren like this.
  10. Sunlei Well-Known Member

I only play everquest not sure what that game is Riverbear. I've tried some others and played others with my guildies when they're off in other games....

I think I'll try something new for pvp avatar fights.... fear my babies attack you guys we got a spell that works well on you :p
  11. Riverbear Active Member

Eve Online is a game where players can detect and locate any other player to facilitate theft from, and murder of, said target without actually having to possess or use any hunting skills of merit.
    The game paves the way so no real effort is required to treat other players unfairly.
    The (reference your posts) you seek folds nicely with EoL environments, imo.
    Ayodi likes this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

never heard of the old saying "everything is fair in love and war".
    PvP is war.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Riverbear Active Member

I do agree with your punctuation in your post of a sentence fragment. :)

The PVP element in EQ2 (Not unlike a red zone in any major city) is set aside for those of you that partake of that sort of thing.
    No one is debating the merits, or lack there of, of PvP.
    Obligatory comments are just that, and my recommendation remains uncontested - EoL is a better option for PvP enthusiasts.
    Ayodi likes this.
  14. Sunlei Well-Known Member

everythings contested in eq harvests-shinies-broker sales, open world spawns...... more and more people come to Tarinax every day, come here, join a guild-these old school players are awesome to learn from! Never ignore anyone.
  15. Efil New Member

How about stop raiding anyway. PVP server
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I's not only all about PvP, but people also enjoy the contents, we like to craft, and not everything we craft is deadly.
    Belief it or not, we decorate our houses, and buy silly cloths from vendors at festivals.
    Most people here are not bloodthirsty monsters, but enjoy the unpredictability of other players, as an extra challenge.
    True there are those who gang up on low level or under geared characters, or worse 3 against 1,
    but most of the time even groups will be agreed on.
    So, there is no need to give up on anything, so far, we still kept our Avatars, unlike any other server.

And Sunlei, one more thing, as long as one member of the original group is alive, you can't take over the fight if the original group locked the encounter.
    If that contested mob is locked, it will reset once all the members in that group are unable to fight .
    Sunlei and Siren like this.
  17. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Avatars shouldn't 'lock', players don't lock. I still say let the team who does the most damage get the kill. This would add so much fun to the game.

You're right about the crafting, home decorating and clothes! I think those 'Gentlemens rules fights' are a bit silly but some guys like those glove slap to the face conflicts........
  18. Sunlei Well-Known Member

can the avatars at least Global SHOUT they're under attack so my vultures know where to fly?
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the vultures have spies everywhere.
    Sunlei, Siren and Breanna like this.
  20. Sunlei Well-Known Member

the gentlemens fights they setup..when outside vultures come they cry about 'leeching' ..to hell with gentlemens set-up fights...I demand vultures arise!!
    Schmetterling likes this.