Why can't I use Guided Ascension scroll?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by SynnikuL, Jul 27, 2017.

1. SynnikuL Active Member

Just chose etheralist and got the illusion, buff and a scroll. However, the scroll was grayed out in my inventory. And if I try to use it, it says "You cannot take the specified amount of available ascension XP."

Here is a screenshot of what my ascension XP bar looks like and the error: http://imgur.com/a/N10mH

Can someone explain this to me and/or let me know what I'm doing wrong?
  2. yuiop Member

More than likely you already have too much XP banked. You can store up to 7mill i think, and it will only let you use the scroll when you can use the whole thing. There is a bonus to it too. I think I used to have to get my XP down to 5 or 4 mil and some change before I could use one if I remember right.

Hope that helps
  3. SynnikuL Active Member

In the screenshot I linked, where does it show banked xp?
  4. Kelemvlor New Member

Over your XP bar it says Guided Ascension XP Remaining : 7 000 000
  5. Vilrath New Member

It's the Guided Ascension XP remaining. Get some xp then it will let you use a scroll
  6. yuiop Member

Oh dang I didn't even see that. I only noticed the examination pic and the yellow text at the bottom.
    Its at the top of the pick, and yup you already have 7mill banked.
  7. SynnikuL Active Member

Ok so I'm not doing anything wrong - I just need to get more XP and then I can use the scroll?

And do I need to get a minimum amount of XP or anything so the scroll isn't wasted? Or if it can be used does that mean it won't waste any?
  8. yuiop Member

Correct
    If you cant use the whole thing it wont let you use it.
  9. SynnikuL Active Member

Ok thanks everyone - appreciate the help - couldn't quite get my head around how this worked
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Think of the scroll as giving you more ascension vitality. You can use it until you've used more vitality than the scroll gives, so get XP until the scroll is not greyed out. Instead of waiting for your vitality to replenish, use the scroll, and now you can earn more ascension xp. Took me awhile to figure out how it works, also. :cool:
    Chrome, Shmogre and santargria like this.
  11. santargria Well-Known Member

@Prissetta has a good description of how to know when to use a scroll.

What I do is this:
    • Each scroll gives 500k Ascension XP (except the original 4 they gave us)
    • I compare my max to my current
    • If the difference is more than 500k I use a scroll
    • If not, I keep adventuring
    Works for me anyway
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Svenone Well-Known Member

Ascension vitality can not exceed 7000k, so if reading a scroll would bring that value higher than 7000k, you are not allowed to read the scroll. Camping with a full ascension bar is wasting the regeneration time while you are camped out.

no ascension classes completed? scroll is worth 500k vitality (+100k for members)
    1st ascension class completed? scroll is worth 1000k vitality (+100k for members)
    2nd ascension class completed? scroll is worth 1500k vitality (+100k for members)
    3rd ascension class completed? scroll is worth 2000k vitality (+100k for members)
    4th ascension class completed? You are done! Go get your sweet charm!
    Prissetta likes this.