Why cant I move from a PvP server to a PvE???

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-HollowMan11, May 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-HollowMan11 Guest

[p]I dont understand what the problem is with the free trasfer from pvp to pve. I worked hard to level a fury to 70, but now I would much rather have him on a pve server. And instead of leveling another one up to 70, I dont understand why I just cant transfer him? Why is there a rule that pvp characters have to stay on pvp servers?[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]*grins* It took you 70 levels to decide you prefer PvE over PvP? ;)[/p][p]I'm not exactly sure why the rule is there, but it's probably because PvP calculations are slightly different from PvE. There are also PvP changes made that don't apply to the PvE servers. I'll venture that transferring characters with special numbers / gear to a server that doesn't have them is a Recipe for Trouble. If that's the case, it would require such characters be "reprogrammed," which I'm sure is a headache nobody wants to deal with.[/p][p]If they did allow it, and your character was changed in the process, you might not be happy with the end result, which is yet another headache nobody wants to deal with. :)[/p]