Why can't a Beastlord use a crafted bow?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tylia, Feb 2, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

They are a scout type class after all. They can use other bows that specify "All Scouts", but because the crafted ones specifically list each class that can use them, instead of "All Scouts" or "All Fighters", and the Beastlord is not included in the specific list, they cannot use them. Can someone look in to this and see if it can be fixed? Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Beastlords can't use bows at all. They can only use throwing weapons for ranged item.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

Not true at all. My husband uses a bow on his Beastlord. I was going to make a mastercrafted one for him but he can't use it. He CAN, however, use a bow that is listed as for All Scouts.
  4. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Tylia@Butcherblock wrote:
    Better /bug that bow then...Beastlords are not supposed to use bows.
  5. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

sounds similar to the poisons on BL's.. can't use, not supposed to be able to use, yet the merchant on the docks of Kylong Plains sells poisons that specifically list BL as a class that can use them.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Wullailduo@Splitpaw wrote:
    Aye, they're not supposed to use bows, so any that say "All Scouts" would be incorrect. For weapondry they're supposed to be akin to Brawlers, so throwing weapons.
  7. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Hopefully they'll make another Animist that does use a bow, and have bow skills, but the current Beastlord has no such skills.
  8. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

Regardless of if the beastlord has the "skills" or not, hubby is using a bow on his, as well as scout weapons in his main and secondary.
  9. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Tylia@Butcherblock wrote:
    It's the ranged throwing weapons is what is meant. Not the actual melee weapons. Scout melee weapons they can use any of, including things like crush weapons, that other scouts can't use.
    The thrown weapon are satchel, bandolier, pouch, and one more that I can't remember. Those are the ranged weapons BLs use. But yes, some bows they can use if they say "all scouts". I've run across many of them while adventuring my own BL.
    But because BLs aren't supposed to use bows, only thrown weapons in ranged, that is why you can't make one for him to replace what he has. If he wants to continue using the bow but needs to upgrade, I suggest he hang onto what he has until he manages to find another one on broker or in drops or quested that allows him to use it.
  10. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

The "spec" for Beastlords is:

Ranged Weapon - Throwing Weapons only.
    Melee Weapon - Any Piercing or Crushing weapons, no slashing.

Anything that falls outside those guidelines is a bug.
  11. ARCHIVED-Arbreth Guest

They can, however, equip bows in the APPEARANCE slot, so it looks like that is what they are using. I know of two that do this.
  12. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

Arbreth wrote:
    Maybe so, but my hubby is actually using his bow. It is equipped in his equipment slot. He has a quiver with arrows. He shoots the mobs. Whether it is a "bug" or not, intended or not, "supposed to be allowed" or not.. fact remains that he IS using a bow and arrows.
    I really don't care one way or another myself. I was just wondering why I couldn't make him a MC one that he can use. Now I know why. Ty for answers and clarification Pheep.