Why can I NOT create guild forums??!!

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Yarrl, Feb 16, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Yarrl Guest

[p]My Guild has been created now for 3 months.[/p][p]I still cannot create the guild forums. I log onto my account, I go to the characters screen, I click on my guild to bring up the guild page, I click on the Guild Forums on the right hand side and I get this:[/p][p] [/p][li]Go to EQ2Players.com [/li][li]Log in with your Station Name and Password [/li][li]Go to the Characters section [/li][li]Select your guild under My Account [/li][li]Select the View Guild Forums Button [/li][li]Your Guild Forum should now be created [/li][p] [/p][p] It will not work.[/p][p] I opened up Two tickets with customer service; REF# 061214-000165 and Reference #070110-000196[/p][p]They were able to duplicate my problem. But could not tell me when it would get fixed??? Why??[/p][p]TSR Chris L.: Yes he was able to reproduce it and escalated it to the development team. As to when it would be resolved we are unable to give you and ETA as we don't know what they already have prioritized Laurence: ok do you have that ticket number? TSR Chris L.: This is the previous REF# 061214-000165 Laurence: ok thank you. Is there anyway to get in contact with them to find out what is going on? or in game even? TSR Chris L.: Unfortunately not. When we have an update I am sure we will let people know.[/p][p]This would be un-excussable in my job.[/p][p]I have not heard anything yet. I figured that the new forums would have fixed it but it is still not working.[/p][p]I have heard NOTHING from SOE on the issue. I work in Upper LvL Tech support and my group is required to resolve 80% of our ticket in a 24 hour period for a major wireless phone company. If they go over 24 hours then I get in contact with the customer and keep them informed on a daily basis or on a schedual the customer wishes.[/p][p]These 2 tickets I have created with SOE must have gone into some black hole because I have heard NOTHING![/p][p]I have been a SOE customer since EQ1's 1st year. I have gone to several fan fares. I have paid month anfter month for several years and expansions. This is the only online game I play. The customer service I have been given over this issue has been horrible. [/p][p]The only thing that I have left to do is to post here... I have no where else to turn.[/p][p] [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

Same. I'd hate to be able to get a guild forum set up for my BRAND NEW GUILD. Way to pay attention guys. Great job updating EQ2Players.
  3. ARCHIVED-Fianaise Guest

[p]I'm having the same issue. My guild is new, and my members want a website with forums. I was originally going to go with GuildPortal, but I thought that the Sony site would be a better choice. So, I created the site, started making it look nice, posted the first news thread, and went to look at the forums...yeah, that's where it all went downhill. I got the same set of instructions, which I tried to follow several times. Finalyl, thinking that I was doing something wrong, I called my boyfriend over to try it. He's also a computer guy...software engineer. He said I was doing exactly what it said to do, and that I should look to see if anyone else was having the same problem, and if there was a solution. So, here I am....frustrated, annoyed,and about to go face my new guild to tell them that we have a site...but no forums.[/p][p] Please, SOE...do something about this soon. Thanks[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Jixx Guest

[p]Ya I recently created a guild and I'm having the exact same issue. Do you have to pay for the forums? I got my guild website after sneaking by a million bugs but no forums. Heck I cant even find my guild by doing a guild search yet![/p][p]Cmon guys someone needs to be focusing more attention on EQ2players.com ![/p][p]Hire someone if you have to. Also it's total nonsense that one should have to PAY to see the spell line for their class![/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Harizai Guest

[p]there are several free sites for viewing your spell lines if you are concerned about that. But yes, I too wonder where the light at the end of the tunnel is for the forum creation issue. Since the original solution (this has been ongoing for close to a year now) was to wait for the forum upgrade. Well, here is the upgrade...[/p][p] [/p][p]...[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Badaxe Bart Guest

My guild isn't new, but I am suffering from the same problem. This has been since eq2players.com underwent its change. As it stands, if your guild has less than 7 members it won't even come up on a search for your guild under guildsearch. I have been reporting this for 3 months now, since november 06. I still haven't gotten any help or fixes. Luckily for me, My main is in a large guild, who enjoy their own website, and don't use eq2players at all. For new players just starting tho, it is insufferable.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jixx Guest

[p]That could be why I cant find my guild when I search. I created this guild for my alts until it gains some levels.[/p][p]I also know of eq2.ogaming.com as well as other sites that show the spell lines. But thats not the point! You should be able to view your spell line from within the realm of the game you play![/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

[p]Please don't hijack.[/p][p]This thread is for someone to respond to why we cannot create new forums on the eq2players website. [/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Yarrl Guest

[p]I am glad to see I am not the only one. I thought I was.[/p][p] [/p][p]It is frustrating that appearentally this issue has been going on for so long and we continue to pay for a service that was promised.[/p][p] [/p][p]Hmmm maybe we should be pro-rated because we are not getting the service that our agreement states, furthermore since NO ONE from SOE has bothered to at least update us with what is being done clearly show me that they are not working on it.[/p][p] [/p][p]There has to be a lawyer out there that can fill in the blanks here. I'm paying for services that are not being granted and not being notified that anything is being done. [/p][p] [/p][p]sorry all I'm still venting over the issue....[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

If you don't know what to reply do you just ignore people? Because this post has been here without even a "we know its there" post. Good Lord.
  11. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

[p]4:53 PM CST 2/25/07[/p][p]Forums are still not able to be created, and there is no way for me to figure anything else out.[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

[p]6:47 PM CST 2/27/07[/p][p]Still no response and still not working.[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Buckswashler Guest

[p]Same problem here... i thought i was just an idiot and can't follow instrucions lol[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Peda72 Guest

[p]still does not work :([/p][p] [/p][p]an error occured ... bla bla bla[/p][p] [/p][p]when will it work?[/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-Peda72 Guest

[p]An Error Has Occurred [/p][hr] Please use your browser's back button and try again. Reason: query did not return a unique result: 2 [p] [/p][p] [/p][p]thats what i get :/[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

An Error Has Occurred -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please use your browser's back button and try again. Reason: query did not return a unique result: 2 I've gotten this far now.
  17. ARCHIVED-Thanous Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Olgie Guest

Same issue here. My guild is NOT new (been around for years) and when I click the large, friendly button to create the forums I get:

An Error Has Occurred

Please use your browser's back button and try again.
    Reason: query did not return a unique result: 2

What do you need from us to help troubleshoot this issue?
  19. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

[p]Its like you guys are ignoring this or something. But I know THAT couldn't be it. You couldn't be THAT worthless to just ignore this problem, so I just believe that you working on a fix. But then I think, how f'ing stupid are they that this issue even exists, and TBH, I doubt you'll get a fix. So either way, you've completely lost face value here because you REFUSED to respond to this post. Oh, and BTW:[/p][p]An Error Has Occurred [/p][hr][p] Please use your browser's back button and try again. Reason: query did not return a unique result: 2 [/p][p]Happened at 2:50CST 3/8/2007[/p]