Why bother upgrading??

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Cantar1, Dec 20, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Cantar1 Guest

hey all! Why bother upgrading spells to Adapt 1 or higher in the lower levels when you just get a new version soon? or is thieer something I am missing?
    I really made a mistake and Upgraded the Summon spell at level 11 to Adapt 3 only to find out that its worthless now or do I neeed the higher upgrades in order to be able to upgrade the newer versions?
    Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-jeremyhwilson Guest

If your doing alot of soloing then I would definately keep your pet tank upgraded atleast and maybe even it's defensive stance spell. Everything else you should do just fine having at adept 1 or maybe even apprentice 4 since the resistance rates are the same now a days. That way you'll save some money by trying to upgrade everything and be able to upgrade some gear instead.
  3. ARCHIVED-Boran Guest

Took my ranger up to 50 on app 2's before changing to the cheaper app 4's. If your a fast leveller there is nothing to be gained from wasting cash before level 50.
  4. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

well every spell gets a better version every 14 levels. So it makes sense to upgrade them when you get them or in a few levels. Makes no sense upgrading a spell that you going to replace next level for example. however if you upgrade right away , you get 14 lvls of use with it.
    better spells means more damage, less resists from mobs, much better pets, better buffs. The prices are not very high in the beginning anyway so nothing should stop you from getting at least app4 for all your spells. As you play more and more you will realise which spells you use more often and should always be the best you can get. First 20 lvls are quite easy. After that it becomes a bit of a challenge and playing with app1 spells is really not advisable. You should really go for ad1'a at least.