Why bother doing the challenge mode version of the advanced solo, if the drops are the same?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wurm, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Wurm Well-Known Member

Just killed Prime Magnate Mrelgt (challenge) in Wurmbone's end and the item he dropped, has the same stats of all the advanced solo gear drops I've seen. So whats the point?
  2. Phreak Member

I agree. I thought it was pretty cool when I got there that they had made a HM solo encounter but what's the point?
  3. Gideon Member

ive dropped him in hm twice, and got the same loot he drops in em.
    somone in chat was saying he has a chance to drop nice fabled gear in hm but not sure if thats just player rumor or what.
  4. Luhai Active Member

Every endboss from any solo instance has a small chance to drop fabled stuff, as far as I know. I got 2 fabled pieces so far, both from other zones.
    I think I killed this boss 3 times in Hardmode and got a legendary piece every time.
  5. Tylia Well-Known Member

My hubby and I got a very nice fable helm from the hm boss at the end of Wurmbone's End.
  6. Malleria Well-Known Member

Fabled gear can drop in any solo instance. It has nothing to do with HM in Wurmbone's End. Possibly the HM encounter has a slightly higher chance of dropping a fabled, but my experience has been the opposite (the eidolon jungle solo zones seem to give fabled a LOT more often than any others).

The HM should really be a guaranteed fabled, given it's difficulty for people who would actually use the gear.
  7. ZUES Well-Known Member

Got the fabled mage forearms from EM Throne. Too bad we can't sell the loot rights of gear we'll never use. :confused:
  8. Uberfuzzy Member

Salvage? Transmuting? A few plat from a merchant?
  9. Kwikdeath Active Member

+1 to finding it silly to not be able to sell or trade the items. Had a guildy get a bp on his healer from an advanced solo last night that was a dozekar equivalent, would have been nice to let him trade it to someone that had an alt that was able to use it.

Not a huge deal, but not everyone is running so many alts they find it enticing to run solo instances over and over for a tiny chance at an upgrade for an alt that may or may not be able to use it. Granted they only take 4 or 5 minutes to run most of the solo instances, but it would be nice to let them have some kind of token system to make them worthwhile for more people to run. Perhaps one token from the last boss or something to that effect.
    Mycenia likes this.
  10. Lovidicus Active Member

Yeah solo dungeons drop the same gear as both hardmode and non-hardmode group instances. But solo dungeons also drop the same gear as easy mode raids. So if the question is, whats the point? The answer is, there isn't one.

Who cares anyways, we're just gearing for PoW anyways. Horray for a SECOND expansion aimed at getting us into old raid content.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Gear needs to move off Solo play the advent of these solo-zones dropping good gear AND Mercenaries are pushing players apart. The Signature quest should have been group updates delaying when raids could be started and encouraging players to work together to accomplish their goals. Though yes HM in solo was interesting till it dropped garbage if you already have PoW gear... still.