Why be a warden?

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Olympias, Nov 29, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Olympias Guest

If a Fury can heal as well as a Warden, but a warden cannot nuke as well as a fury....why be a warden? I am an 18 druid atm trying to decide what to be, any input would be helpful. I wanted to be a warden but I don't just want to be a gimped Fury if thats what it boils down to.

-Olympias
    Message Edited by Olympias on 11-29-2004 09:42 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

3. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

I know that Furies do not get an evac. I doubt furies will be able to buff and protect the group as I will... they have to be sacrificing some defense for that extra attack power afterall.
  4. ARCHIVED-Owlbear Guest

A warden and a fury are about equal in the damage they can dish out i would presume. The wardens 46 aoe dd would = the furies, one is heat & one is cold so we'll call it a draw. The warden kills the fury in the dd department as the fury will have to roll back to lvl 38 dd while the warden pounds with his lvl 45 dd. To even out the dd damage the fury gets a much more powerful dot at lvl 43 while the warden has to go back to his lvl 38 dot. For all intents and purposes they will be more or less even.

The real difference is in what buffs they provide to the group. A furies group will do more damage and caters more to fighters while the wardens group will have better defence to live longer and caters more to casters. Healing will more or less be the same as well.

Just my thoughts anyway.