Why as a necromancer can I not find a plain black robe?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Eb0n, Jan 30, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Eb0n Guest

Title pretty much says it all. Thought I would ask here as other Necromancer's would know.

Just wondering as a Necromancer why do we get stuck with these multicolor robes? I see NPC's in the Acadamy of Arcane Scientists wearing the same robes except for a few who wear mostly black robes with a dash of another color, mostly red.

Maybe I am not high enough level at only 25 but even the 40's I see running around are wearing baby blue or green robes....

Any high levels know where/if there is a predominantly Black robe for a necromancer? Just to give myself something to shoot for?

Naitchil Poisonblade
    5th Circle Necromancer
    Lucan D'Lere
  2. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

I have to agree that the proper outfits for necromancers just aren't out there. That AQ6 robe? Wow. how can you look scary or even halfway serious in the ugliest beach towel ever (or is it a giant baja?)?

The upgrades as you move up in levels seem to be all about flash and glamor--prettier, sure, but not very raising-the-deadish.
  3. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

I read somewhere that custom/social closthing is on the way. I'll see if I can find out where.
  4. ARCHIVED-Luetic1 Guest

Does anyone have a picture of the guild lvl 15 Dragon robe? I know it is social clothing thing, not for stats, but I havent seen what it looks like, dont want to waste money on another brown robe.
  5. ARCHIVED-Eb0n Guest

The sad thing is the social clothes are just fluff. No stats or anything if I understand right.

Why is it they seem to leave out the basics over the flare of the graphics?

Sure the baby blue robe looks good with the graphics turned up, same for the oracle robe...

But I come from EQoA and that was the PS2 not my $1000 computer, and it had a ton of different color and even a few styles of robes. I remember a female dark elf friend of mine who had a collection of robes that ran the gamut of colors just 'cause. So how hard is it to swap a color palete?

Oh well new armor is supposed to be down the pipe.

-sigh- Sad if I miss the PS2 version abit just for style changes, huh?
  6. ARCHIVED-Malthane Guest

It's kinda depressing right now in the robe dept. at lower levels. Up to lvl 30 you have your choice between oracle, aq6 or pristine blouse. Not sure what it's like on the high end of the game but there is very little variety in garment for lower level casters.
  7. ARCHIVED-xxArcanexx Guest

I agree. I am really disapointed in the robe choices. The robes in EQ1 looked better and had much more variety.
  8. ARCHIVED-backyard Guest

This point goes much deeper than you make think, as ive seen in another post if you have seen one <insert class here> you have seen them all. The thing i hate most about this game is the fact that EVERYTHING is the same. Quest give the exact same items and robes and we all have the same lookin spells and items and so on. People cry and cry make me mor powerfull and the mobs weaker and we all get the same drops over and over and over. Personaly i think there should be about 10 items that have like affects but are TOTALY different looking. i mean its cool to have root but when they all look the same it just gets boring. The look of the game is great but if you have seen one orc you have seen em all. all necromancers have the same robe same pets same boots ect. i would like to see more DEATH related items, i dont like that fact wizzards have the same robes we do. Light armor is great, allows us to die in one hit and every mageclass has it but it doesnt cut it. JUST ONCE, ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would like to have a robe or something that no one else has JUST ONCE!!!!!!! i dont care if it doesnt have stats but something that says hey look its celestial from a distance and not, oh its just another necro or hey are youa wizzard or something. why can we get older looking beat up weapons that go with the lords of death theme, instead of staffs and daggers like everyoneelse. i know its something done over and over but even a sythe would be good, i mean even if there are 3 per server something to be different. i mean even shadow knights get the skelly illusion to, [FaarNerfed!] is up with that....... ive seen our ghost illusion on stuff to. its like ever class coppies off us in some way. i know tradeskillers are better than making the same robe over and over and over. i mean even if we cant use a weapon like a sword or axe can we at least hold it to look different. Even is pets do the same thing can we get different models than every othern ecro on the server. maybe i want a cleric pet instead of a warlock. or a wizzard or tank pet instead of the higher level staple of my spider or spellbinder. I know the proffesional programmers can do alot more than they show us. i just want SOME CHOICE in howmy class is because as a person im different than other as is everyone else and we all dont want to look the same. im shure there are tanks out there sick of lookin at the same armor on others, ARMOR WE HAVE TO PAY 50G FOR or robes that cost us and arm and a leg and 20 others have it. theres no point, i rather where my summoners robe cuz hardly anyone wears it anymore. Its great to quest but why bother when the item is no different than from what everyone else has. when i buy a car i like to be different, i dont want the exact same model everyone else has, i might want tinted windows and leather on the inside... choice in this game would be great..............
  9. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

I think there are some armor art changes going in soon. I doubt that that means more variety though. It probably just means uglier :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Sixgun77 Guest

More variety would be nice. In AO there are tons of useful things tahat look different. They're mostly all usefull too. Only a few uber items but a huge variety of decent stuff.
  11. ARCHIVED-Chandigar Guest

Bleh... logged on to find that the tailored blouse art has been changed back to the crappy IoR shirt art. I loved my hooded rat! :smileymad:
  12. ARCHIVED-saboteur1133 Guest

I know, what the ^%&*% is this?? I am wearing a tier4 pristine tailored broadcloth blouse, and now after today's patch I look like a lvl 8 refugee again. I /bugged it immediately.... it has to be a mistake :smileymad: