Why aren't we allowed to copy to beta?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Alenna, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

with new erollisi day stuff I wanted to test the and what do I find no beta button in the character select and /beta add or /beta copy add does not work

please turn the copy feature on
  2. Azomonas Active Member

Did you previously copy any toons over to beta? All of mine are still there from CoE.
  3. Enric_of_Neriak Member

The command isn't /beta add or /beta copy, it is /beta. A confirmation box pops up giving a warning about deleting any previous copies of the character you are trying to copy.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

I'll try that thanks. I'm surprised though that they don't have the beta copy button in the character select screen
    if it works for the one toon i'm trying I may recopy my main over she has a few more pieces of raid gear and has finished the drinal steward line now.
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

yes and they are still there just couldn't copy the one toon i have who bringing the notes and candies
  6. Enric_of_Neriak Member

I recently did my annual reinstall of EQ2 and that always entails logging in with the default UI; the beta copy button was there at the time. I normally use a custom UI so it not being on the character select screen didn't register. I loaded up the default UI after reading your reply and it isn't there for me either. I wonder if using it once breaks it? I also had to test the /beta command in game before commenting because /beta add used to work just fine. I think that changed when the way character copies were changed. Anyway, I hope that sorts it for you. I know how annoying some of the quirks this game has can be.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

it did now I can delete my copied main and recopy her want her to be as is now.